Dish Remounting Covered in DHPP

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I am getting my roof replaced on my house tomorrow obviously the dish will have to be taken off. I have DHPP. Am I just going to have to pay $15 to have them come out and remount and realign the dish or will I have to pay the entire service call if I am honest about what happened. I guess I could say it must have been loose and the wind just blew it off.

When my insurance paid to replace my roof last year, I made sure they paid to have my dishes remounted. Fortunately, the roofer put it back in the exact same spot (with my direction), so my signal was perfect when they remounted it and I didn't have to call Dish.

From my point i wuld have the roofer remount the dish on a rafter or joist and have him seal it up. Then call with i have no signal to get the $15 service call. Dish is a funny company when it comes to repair service.

When i was DNS customers would have the 1000+ dish stollen ($150 at the time) Dish wuld not cover it and expected the customers to buy a new one. also if the dish need to be moved 6' or more we have to report it and charge the standard $100

When I bought a used VIP622 Dish Network's DHPP kicked in and all I had to pay was $15. for a brand new 102.1 Dish.Also I don't have an HDTV(yet) so my programming package is SD AT250.:)

So if I ever get an HDTV all I have to do is make a phone call for HD programming.;):D

I am getting my roof replaced on my house tomorrow obviously the dish will have to be taken off. I have DHPP. Am I just going to have to pay $15 to have them come out and remount and realign the dish or will I have to pay the entire service call if I am honest about what happened. I guess I could say it must have been loose and the wind just blew it off.

HAd my roof replaced a few years back. Roofers were very familiar with removing and replacing dish's. Did a perfect job. But that was my experience. Maybe it is something you should have looked into prior to scheduling the roofing job? Just to be sure of what ou were up against...

Good Luck

Ross

I am a retailer and I do not feel it should be covered under the DHPP business rules. I'm sure Dish will cover it but I feel it is not correct. The Dish is being moved by no fault of Dish. Like any warranty, defects with the product should be covered and not problems inflicted by the customer. We have gotten in arguements with Dish on this subject before. It's their company though, so whatever they say goes. I just think they need to revise the DHPP business rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts