Dish reset?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bluebeard123

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
Truckee, CA
Do these dishes arbitrarily re-set themselves? I was noticing my dish was at the eastern limit, so I went in the house, turned on the Amiko and the ASC1 and started searching for my known satellites, and none were to be found at their previous locations on the Amiko. The Amiko had them listed, but when the dish arrived at the setting, there was nothing there- jigging back and forth. Not to mention, when I am focused on the Alaska satellite (AMC8?) I remembered that my dish would be cocked way to the west to pick up the satellite. Now when the Amiko is "pointing" at that satellite, the dish is looking just a little to the east of south (near lake tahoe). I figure something is amiss. Any ideas? I am clueless.

Thanks for calling and describing what happened. I doubt that this was arbitrarily reset. Based on your description, sounds like there have been power outages or power line work recently. Often, when the power comes back-up, the STB and the ASC1 will reboot. The STB will issue a command to move to a specific satellite, then the power may flicker (or brown-out) while the dish moves. With a HH motor, there is a resync "0" position, but controllers only have a 0000 reference that may be anywhere on the arc and you have set during the install. Likely the 0000 reference position needs resynced. Most STBs install menus have this resync function for HH motors. The ASC1 operates using a similar method.

As you indicated, when you set-up the actuator/ASC1/A3, you had set the 0000 position 10 counts West of the Eastern mechanical limit. To resync your system, simply drive the actuator to the Eastern limit, then drive the actuator West 10 counts. Perform a Position Reset to resync the reference 0000 back to the original position. All of the satellites positions will be restored.

Last edited:
Reactions: bpalone and KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts