Dish Retailer and Dish'n It Up Questions

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
1. If we take advantage of the Dish'n It Up upgrade offer (DishHD) should we go through our Dish Retailer or doesn't it matter? In other words, does the retailer receive some sort of monetary credit when a customer commits to another 18 months of service?

2. Also, does the Dish'n It Up (DishHD) offer with 18-month commitment include DHPP free-of-charge? I didn't see anything in the Dish'n It Up offer and the "fine print" for DHA appears to cover new customers only. I contact an Indian CSR named "Jeff" and he said DHPP would be covered, but I certainly didn't get that "warm & fuzzy" feeling.

Thanks in advance!

For number 1 I recommend going through dish, as a technician Im biased for many reasons.

For numbre 2 the answer is no, the equipment is covered under a limited life time warranty but not the dhpp warranty unless you already have it and then the answer would be yes. If you dont have it then dont worry, you can add it in at any time you choose.

well i'm biased the other direction... I say go with the local retailer (as long as he is reputable), reason being... at least in my area, when you call dish direct they send them out to dealers all over the area, and the company that comes out may be from 3 or 4 hours away. let's say the reciever starts acting up a week or two in, i'd rather have someone close that can come out right away

My local guy has over 25 years of experience with Sat systems and knows what he is doing and does it right the first time.

Van said:
For number 1 I recommend going through dish, as a technician Im biased for many reasons.
Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering why? I placed my initial service through a retailer (DishStore) and the local company maintaining the equipment is VIA Satellite down here in Virignia. Wouldn't the retailer lose out on a Dish'n It Up sale if I were to contact E* directly? I have no idea how things work on the retail end, but it's my observation that retailers focus their efforts on new subscribers...probably because E* offers them little financial incentive for retaining existing subscribers in addition to nickling and diming them in other ways. I would rather a) go through a retailer if they receive compensation to retain customers under Dish'n It Up or b) not bother them should they receive little or no compensation.

Van said:
For numbre 2 the answer is no, the equipment is covered under a limited life time warranty but not the dhpp warranty unless you already have it and then the answer would be yes. If you dont have it then dont worry, you can add it in at any time you choose.
It doesn't make sense why a new customer would receive free DHPP under DHA, but existing customers upgrading under Dish'n It Up would not...especially when they are re-committing to another 18-months of service. Currently, I'm covered by DHA for another 2 1/2 months and receive DHPP free-of-charge...will this continue for another 18-months if I upgrade through Dish'n It Up? It makes sense that it would, but there is nothing in the Dish'n It UP fine print to indicate it would. However, the really confusing part is when I call Dish Network (the beloved CSRs) they all say that DHPP is paid free-of-charge under this offer, but they quote me DHA policy which, according to the fine print, is only available for new customers. Even members of this forum refer me to the DHA policy.

I guess it's a moot point since I would be upgraded to a 622 and purchasing a 622 so both would be covered under manufacturer warranty for one year (would cancel DHPP during this time). Just wondering why CSRs are telling me that DHPP will be covered by DHPP under the Dish'n It Up offer when there is no documentation to support this? I just like accurate answers...the billing process shouldn't be such a great mystery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)