Dish Rumor

I can't agree w/ this. Since it will take years for FIOS to be available throughout the entire US. It makes sense for Verizon to want to have a provider of satellite across the entire area that they cover. Maybe they can't get a deal worth beans anymore from Directv.
Concast is only availble in select parts of the US (well under 50%) but they are the number 1 cable provider (bigger than directv)

A while back I would have gotten excited to hear this rumor. Since then I have dropped Verizon DSL (after they announced we'd be stuck at 3Mb in 2009) and Verizon land-line service (after AT&T Wireless and Verizon Wireless both improved coverage at my house). The thing is, I have given up on Verizon. In the southeast they have something like a quarter million customers, and they are the most profitable customers Verizon has, but they treat us like second class citizens with slow DSL, no FIOS, and high prices. I will let my business (or lack of) do the talking, just like I did after getting mistreated at DirecTV.

Ted

No but Verizon has a large coverage area in New York.

Yes they do, but in the Western Part of the State FIOS is limited to two suburban towns; and DSL has probably 75% coverage within the Buffalo area. TWC has the most complete coverage for any internet subscription, and they are pushing hard with their triple play for new subs, and converting current subs to higher subscription levels.

Let me add my two cents:

Ok Scott Mentions maybe something happening with Verizon, Then mentions how the 922 menu has a I Phone look to it.

I recently read that Verizon has approched Apple to work on the I Phone being available to verizon customers down the road??

Hummmmm......does it mean anything, probably not, but might as well throw it all out there

Have you ever noticed that the 922 menus look a lot like the iPhone?
OK Scott, I've been puzzling over that hint for the better part of a day, and I'm still clueless. (1) Verizon does not have the iPhone currently. But even suppose they did in the future? (2) What does the iPhone have to do with a Dish Network receiver's menus? The menus presented to an iPhone user if/when Apple finally approves the Sling app hardly has to look like anybody else's Slingbox source device native-mode TV menus. Or vice versa.

Well I did some digging on this one today, and am under the belief that this one is NOT TRUE.

I have some friends who are very high up at both companies and they looked into things for me and can not find anything.

Damn this one could have been very interesting if it was true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)