Dish Satellite Launch Information

ShadowEKU said:
yeah... i kinda meant the rest of it... that or they will move most or all locals to it because of that new legislation.
My locals currently come from the current 105. And of course, now that my LNB, which was bad, Finlay got replaced, I get them fine as long as it is not raining. The remnants of Tropical storm Mathew are drowning it out now. Of course, part of my problem is dish placement as well. All the rain from the roof of my apartment land right on the dish. Oh well. I'd move it, but, then it would be subject to damage from the juveniles we get around here! Some folks have theirs down on the ground, and have had damage from paint, idiots with sticks, etc... Wish it was legal to shoot the little brats!

nhs510 said:
So realistically, how long until it's operational?

I believe traditionally the satellites are tested pretty vigorously for 4-6 weeks following launch before they are considered "fully operational".

nhs510 said:
So realistically, how long until it's operational?
About a month or so, while it is tested on the ground it is retested in space to make sure everything works after the long rough ride.

With the afternoon launch, I wonder if Dish will carry it live on 101?

Has Dish got any upcoming sat launches/leases specifically for added HD bandwidth?

Has Dish got any upcoming sat launches or leases specifically for HD added bandwidth to improve PQ and add StarzHD, CinemaxHD and TMCHD, plus East-West HD Networks?

According to LyngSat, it will be in testing at 136 W (no other confirmation found though). I'll have to peek over there in a few days with my FTA setup.

I know lyngsat says it will be tested at 136'W but doesn't that seem odd if it is going to be in the 105'W slot??

IMO - I would think they would move it into place and then flip the switch.

If they test it at 136', I won't be able to see it. My FTA is blocked by a big tree past 129'. Mebbe its time to get out the chainsaw... :dev

Mark_AR said:
IMO - I would think they would move it into place and then flip the switch.
That might depend on what kind of overlap in frequencies might exist between their existing use of AMC-2 and their upcoming use of AMC-15.

Either way, wherever it ends up, I would love to see some effects of their testing (maybe some stuff in the clear briefly?). For me, though, 136 is awfully close to my motor's limit. I'll have to see when I get home. It won't go to 148 though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)