Dish Says No For 722 Upgrade/Exchange

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bk63ross

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
San Francisco
So I call Dish CSR and ask them if I can exchange my leased 622 for a 722 and got the big NO! I am already on the Dishn it up promo so I am locked in for 1 year with the 622 until April of 2008.

It does not make $$$ sense to swap out 622s with 722s. Besides, they are basically identical anyways.

So I call Dish CSR and ask them if I can exchange my leased 622 for a 722 and got the big NO! I am already on the Dishn it up promo so I am locked in for 1 year with the 622 until April of 2008.

Since when do they allow the lease of the 622 or 722 models? All I can see is a purchase price varying from $179 to $229 with HD service along with a $100 rebate spread out over 10 months. I would hope that if I was dropping that kind of dough, that I would own the box outright.

BTW, sucks that you can't do the upgrade.

-- Dan

Since when do they allow the lease of the 622 or 722 models? All I can see is a purchase price varying from $179 to $229 with HD service along with a $100 rebate spread out over 10 months. I would hope that if I was dropping that kind of dough, that I would own the box outright.

BTW, sucks that you can't do the upgrade.

-- Dan

Uh, no - the fee you pay on the front end of the lease is just like the fee you pay on the front end of a car lease.

A 622 outright is $479 and a 722 is $529. These are state-of the-art systems unmatched by anything else out there. Some might say the Tivo Series 3 dvr - fork over the $650 to prove it, that's what they cost.

You can't even buy an XBox360 or PS3 for $229 outright. These are not toys.

I was going to try to do the same thing. I have a leased 622 with a unworking HDMI port. I have been waiting for the USB archive to be enabled before I swap. So, since I have a broken system, do you think I can convince them to ship me a 722?

I have had mine for 18 months, I think I'll be able to do the dish'n it up for $49 after rebate.

They usually want you to have the same receiver for ONE year before upgrading.

I was going to try to do the same thing. I have a leased 622 with a unworking HDMI port. I have been waiting for the USB archive to be enabled before I swap. So, since I have a broken system, do you think I can convince them to ship me a 722?

Sure, just pay $199 with $100 rebate and you can have one.

These are toys!

Uh, no - the fee you pay on the front end of the lease is just like the fee you pay on the front end of a car lease.

A 622 outright is $479 and a 722 is $529. These are state-of the-art systems unmatched by anything else out there. Some might say the Tivo Series 3 dvr - fork over the $650 to prove it, that's what they cost.

Well, we all know these devices dont ACTUALLY cost $529 or $479. These devices with the economies of scale, and the cost of volume discount manufacturing, probably cost Dish Network around $100 EACH if that. Dont forget, dish is making serious cash on these devices when people buy them outright. The lease fee is a joke, basically covering their installation labor costs(you dont think thats actually FREE installation? do you?) nothing is free, and the lease fee on these receivers is where the cash is made upfront, along with the monthly payments we all make afterwards.

I think the rebate is immediate $100 on your bill and the 722 will then appear as $200 on the my next card bill. (Just looked and it closed yesterday without charge, so 2 months deferral, lucky.)
-Ken

I think the rebate is immediate $100 on your bill and the 722 will then appear as $200 on the my next card bill. (Just looked and it closed yesterday without charge, so 2 months deferral, lucky.)
-Ken

Ordered my 722 yesterday and yes , the $100 credit is one lump sum instead of monthly credits. You still have to mail in the Dish'n It Up Bonus redemption form found here.

D* & E* are starting to get away from mail-in-redemptions but still have a way to go.

TIVO's are way better than Dish network DVR's.... of course if you consider the $650 price and the monthly fees you then have to decide if it is worth that.

The Dish network DVR's are better than cable DVR's (at least the POS Motorola thing I used a couple of years ago) but they are nothing close to TIVO and probably never will be since it seems that if you insert any TIVO-like features you get sued.

Well, we all know these devices dont ACTUALLY cost $529 or $479. These devices with the economies of scale, and the cost of volume discount manufacturing, probably cost Dish Network around $100 EACH if that. Dont forget, dish is making serious cash on these devices when people buy them outright. The lease fee is a joke, basically covering their installation labor costs(you dont think thats actually FREE installation? do you?) nothing is free, and the lease fee on these receivers is where the cash is made upfront, along with the monthly payments we all make afterwards.

You will have to prove that one - These are much more complicated and made on a smaller scale than XBOX360 or PS3 and MS and Sony are losing money selling them for $500. You are seriously misinformed.

TIVO's are way better than Dish network DVR's.... of course if you consider the $650 price and the monthly fees you then have to decide if it is worth that.

The Dish network DVR's are better than cable DVR's (at least the POS Motorola thing I used a couple of years ago) but they are nothing close to TIVO and probably never will be since it seems that if you insert any TIVO-like features you get sued.

Tivo better than Dish DVR? Barely, if at all.

Tivo has been slapped down for their bogus lawsuits just recently. They don't own all the good features and you WILL see them in the future from Dish.

I called in to upgrade from a Dish 942 receiver and got the big NO!!! I even emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com, but haven't received a response. Has anyone else with a Dish 942 attempted to upgrade to the 722?

Yes, I am scheduled for an install tommorow morning, they are swapping out my leased 942 to a 722, they are also going to replace (I am keeping) an owned 510 with a leased 622 for $99.

Yes, I am scheduled for an install tomorrow morning, they are swapping out my leased 942 to a 722, they are also going to replace (I am keeping) an owned 510 with a leased 622 for $99.
I just got a call from the executive office at Dish Network. They offered me an upgrade from the 942 to the 722 for FREE and a $10 programming discount for the first 6 months. Install is scheduled for Sunday. :)

Hi, I am signing up with Dish again. I got a super promo pricewise from the local cable co., BUT as we all know the PQ with cable in SD is horrible overall.

My BIG question to all of you that have the VIP-722 Rec./DVR: Is the PQ very good on the SD chs.?? I already figure that the HD chs. won't be an issue. There was a DVR/HD rec. I had about 3 yrs. ago from Dish and it was HORRIBLE on SD chs. I think it was an 822??

I would greatly appreciate your feedback. I can't wait to dump cable. Another problem is their On Demand almost always has both PQ & sound problems. It is so bad that at times you can't watch it.

Thanks all.:confused:

Hardly. What makes Tivo "way better" as you call it?

Hi, I am signing up with Dish again. I got a super promo pricewise from the local cable co., BUT as we all know the PQ with cable in SD is horrible overall.

My BIG question to all of you that have the VIP-722 Rec./DVR: Is the PQ very good on the SD chs.?? I already figure that the HD chs. won't be an issue. There was a DVR/HD rec. I had about 3 yrs. ago from Dish and it was HORRIBLE on SD chs. I think it was an 822??

I would greatly appreciate your feedback. I can't wait to dump cable. Another problem is their On Demand almost always has both PQ & sound problems. It is so bad that at times you can't watch it.

Thanks all.:confused:

Well i cant remember when but i think this was discussed somewhere else.
My perspective is that it depends on the channel and also just as much on the TV set itself.
Different people have said that the sd quality sucks. well on almost all channels i watch on my panasonic plasma or my sony LCD, the PQ is ok, not fantastic but it is SD !
For me all the sd channel's are definately watchable.

I know others are going to disagree but .......

BTW i suspect you had an 811 not an 822.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts