Dish SEC Filing Concerning AMC-14 - Total Loss

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
" On April 11, 2008, SES Americom announced that it has declared to insurers that the AMC-14 satellite is now considered a total loss, due to a lack of viable options to reposition the satellite to its proper geostationary orbit. DISH Network had intended to lease the entire capacity of the satellite from EchoStar Corporation in order to, among other things, increase the number of high definition channels that DISH Network offers. As previously announced, our plans to enhance our HD programming line-up this spring remain on track and we have two more satellites scheduled for launch later this year to continue our HD rollout and reach our year-end goal of 100 local HD markets and 100 national HD channels. We are continuing to assess alternative sources of satellite capacity that will mitigate any affect that this development may have on our longer term plans to roll out additional local HD markets and national HD channels. DISH Network will not incur any financial liability as a result of the AMC-14 satellite being declared a total loss."

EchoStar Communications Corporation - Current Report

Yep. Scott has told us all along that this sat. would have no affect on the local or national short term plans.:)

This Summer and Fall should be interesting to see where they may find the extra capacity to make up for the AMC-14 mishap.

" blah bla bla... We are continuing to assess alternative sources of satellite capacity that will mitigate any affect that this development may have on our longer term plans to roll out additional local HD markets and national HD channels. blah bla bla

Big word there for "we can only hope to minimize how this will hurt us.. no hope we are going to be competitive anytime soon."

i always see 100/100 by years end, and everyone complain about spring plans, but never see spring plans claimed by dish.

what exactly should we be expecting 'soon'?

oh i don't doubt that at all, i was just curious what was claimed by them, because recently i don't see it mentioned from them officially

Well, there was a channel list, then a new one came about in the april news letter that was a little shorter. Spring was not used in that, but this "year". Hopefully big things will happen by Team Summit so Dish can use the publicity.

Well, there was a channel list, then a new one came about in the april news letter that was a little shorter. Spring was not used in that, but this "year". Hopefully big things will happen by Team Summit so Dish can use the publicity.

i see..thanks :)

when is this team summit supposed to go down?

thanks elwaylite

damnit this failed satellite and slow hd rollout is driving me nuts. :mad:

As has been said MANY times, the loss of the satellite will not have an effect on current plans. And the "slow" rollout doesn't bother me either, but the lack of communication to its customers chafes me.

As has been said MANY times, the loss of the satellite will not have an effect on current plans. And the "slow" rollout doesn't bother me either, but the lack of communication to its customers chafes me.

well i think that remains to be seen, but i understand what you're saying.

During the last Charlie chat didn't Charlie say that most of the new national HD listed would be available before the next Charlie chat? I may be misremembering.

They could always postpone the chat to give themselves more time to launch HD channels.

I believe that they will launch a few HD channels before releasing their Quarterly report in mid-May. They want to keep shareholders comfortable and indicating their plans "remain on track". Dish has not been a company saying HD channel at 0700 hours on a particular day. Communication has always been a problem. Now, it has been outsourced for the most part. It is a little better. I believe that they will meet their goals at the end of the year just not soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)