DISH Secures Long Term Cricket Rights

...people in the US do not watch Cricket, international or not...

Putting it bluntly you are wrong. Just from watching EuroNews, and usual internet surfing, I knew that people would watch this, especially International subscribers. As you can see from other posts, this is indeed a big deal.

Any case it is good news for Cricket lovers...if some people want to live in the world of denial, we can move on.!

200,000 is not a big deal. That translates to just a few thousand Dish subs

200,000 are just people in US who watched it for free on P2P and flash streaming sites. Paid online sites and subs from Dish and Direct TV are not even accounted for.
In any case, my point is that people do watch cricket here in USA . Even ESPN is trying to tap into this game. From 2012 through 2015, ESPN3 will be telecasting some of the games on their online channel for free in USA as long as you have Internet or TV through cable operators.

I understand though that Direct will keep carrying SNY while negotiations continue. Apparantly there is more good faith here tha with Dish.

200,000 are just people in US who watched it for free on P2P and flash streaming sites. Paid online sites and subs from Dish and Direct TV are not even accounted for.
In any case, my point is that people do watch cricket here in USA . Even ESPN is trying to tap into this game. From 2012 through 2015, ESPN3 will be telecasting some of the games on their online channel for free in USA as long as you have Internet or TV through cable operators.
I hope it is successful then. I just don't see it being that successful

I hope it is successful then. I just don't see it being that successful

Maybe not that successfull as MLB EI...that Dish decided to drop because not enough subs sign up.....or maybe not as successfull as NBA LP....which dish almost dropped last year...again because not enough signup....or NHL which dont care how many sign up..as long as some sign up

Yes...Cricket will not be like those sports in USA...& but IMO...Dish did a very smart...VERY SMART move here. A lot of new subs will sign up due to Cricket (are with Directv or comcast)..& some might subs to Dish other America packs...& pay for things like RSN for u guys.

The most important thing is....$20 pack which is a very good price for those 3 channels.

Dish has been offering cricket events on pay per view for many many years now, its only after they have advertised some dedicated cricket channels that ppl have begun to notice

Those who are trying to defend Dish's new offering are not really defending Dish's business decision. Those who are attacking it are not attacking it either. ;)

I am indeed defending the business decision. Programming that an audience Dish already has been adding, international subscribers, will want. I do watch some of the free preview matches, but I am not one who would subscribe. But as pointed out, I am not the target audience. Nor am I for OWN, but there is a target audience for both.
This would not even be an issue or multi-page thread if the RSN's were all at least showing all games in HD. I fully understand that, even though one has nothing to do with the other, but Dish is missing that target audience. They made that decision when they added all the national HD channels, which I will add were constantly asked for, just as Direct subscribers still ask for. I even defend that, because I would rather have the channels I watch all year in HD all the time, then add some games in HD for part of the year. Obviously there are others who want the opposite.

Really! I doubt that many will watch it in the US. I for one really don't care for it, might as well lump it in with the home shopping crap.

Jack

For once...we all want you to do so. Please lump it with ur home shopping crap. Ur this move will help Dish & maybe bring really long team cricket to Dish...because for sure you will have to pay $20 1st each month before doing ur lump crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts