Dish seems locked

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gentry

Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
I have an old uniden system and just dusted everything off to start getting ready for all of the wild feeds for college football. I moved the dish into a trellis that must have jammed the dish. An "L" flashed on the receiver. Now I can no longer move past that point even though I have removed the trellis. It seems th receiver has locked me out of moving any further in the one direction. The didh can move in both directions, but will not move past the one spot. Any idea how to unlock?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys...Sounds like your Limit was set in that direction, if you know how (check manual) reset your limits... if not hopefully someone here will know that system.
Edit... although the actuators I have had would say WL or EL...

Thanks it worked. For any others in the future, there are buttons in the back of the receiver that you press to set the limit, press a second time to erase.

I have a 4DTV receiver and a 10' dish. Yesterday evening, I tried to update to IPG; after about five minutes, I decided to cancel the update; press "view" and return to Satellite G-5. I thought I heard the dish make a strange noise outside; so, I stopped the dish. Now, the dish will not move.

The receiver shows on the tv that the dish is in motion from the East to the West limits; but, the dish itself does not move. However, the dish does sound like it's moving when I stand next to it.

What is the problem?
Thanks.

Possibly your arm broke. There is a long screw in the arm that acts like a cork screw that rotates in both directions to move the dish. Mine snapped in half. The motor was turning the half hooked on to it, but the other half was doing nothing. Skyvision has the arms at a reasonable price. They are easy to replace and I was back in business in no time.

If your cheap like me, drive around and find a dish not being used and knock on the door and offer free removal. All of my c-band parts were aquired this way. You will be amazed at how many people want the "eye soars" removed. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How low should signal be in "empty space"?

Polarity backwards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)