Dish Seperator and Splitter option

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

light200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
is this setup possible:
1.) Dish 1000 installed with diplexer outside for OTA. I need to bring it into the house with a single cable, then use a "splitter" of some sorts to go to 2 different locations in my house, then use the dish "seperator" to drive the 622 and diplex that again for OTA, and the 2nd "split" to drive the Vip211 and diplex that cable for OTA.
2.) assume the same setup as above, but now i have to get comcast internet and cable tv onto the same cable, and bring it to the same outlet, being able to seperate the satellite signal, OTA signal, Internet signal, and cable tv signals? any help?

If you have a DishPro Plus LNBF or Switch (DPP Twin or DPP44), a DP Separator, and a DishPro Plus Receiver (ViP 622), you can feed both tuners on the dual tuner receiver with only one cable.

However, you can not split a satellite feed to feed another receiver. Therefore, you will need to run a separate cable from the DPP Twin LNBF to feed your ViP 211.

You can't combine OTA and cable on the same line without some inteference from overlapping signals

what if i set the modulator output to be on CATV in the upper channels? would this help avoid the interference? also, even if there were some interference, since i am only interested in my local OTA DTV stations, would the tuner be able to decipher the DTV station out from the other garbage?

what if i set the modulator output to be on CATV in the upper channels? would this help avoid the interference? also, even if there were some interference, since i am only interested in my local OTA DTV stations, would the tuner be able to decipher the DTV station out from the other garbage?
You need 2 lines one for cable and one for OTA.:)

Channels 2-13, ota 14-69 and cable 65-94,100-125 are nearly the same frequencies.

I don't know if there are filters to do this but if you filtered out all cable channels above 64 and filter the antenna channels below 14 and all your digital locals are UHF you might be able to get everything on one cable.

If you do have some VHF digitals you might be able to filter out the VHF channels from cable and combine in the antenna. I don't know if this will work and you have to make sure you don't leak the cable signal into the antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)