DISH Settles Suit in Colorado

I'm sure the Colorado AG is really sticking up for consumer protection when misleading advertisements are the norm these days. It's all PR. Notice that half is going to "continued consumer protection efforts" by the CO AG and half to the CO general fund, none to the people affected. Regarding the do not call "violation" they could just go the way of the industry and spoof their name and number to effectively avoid prosecution altogether.

And the legal field operates differently ... How?

I suppose it serves a purpose, to some extent, but sure is hard to swallow. Excess in every area of society.

Reactions: ChadT41
All lawyers are all about themselves... And will do just about anything possible to make that extra dollar...

Dish is guilty on all of these counts.

As a retailer we where told to spoof the caller ID, and then they made as buy this screening service called possible now to scrub the DNC lists.

They didn't care if we used possible now or not, but wanted it as a cover so they couldn't be to blame.

dish got off cheap on this one considering the amount of sales made off DNC violations alone

All lawyers are all about themselves... And will do just about anything possible to make that extra dollar...
Apologies in advance for going off topic.

That's the biggest crock of... I've heard in the new year. How many lawyers do you know personally? It must be a lot to have given you the insight to make such a blanket statement about all of us... And yes, I am a lawyer.

Reactions: Nyth
The only good ones I have met.... Unfortunately are either teaching or students. And the only reason they came off good was the volunteer work I see them do ever other month for the Vets. Sorry, but it is a job that just sets you up for being a jerk(in public opinion). Maybe there are ones that aren't all about the money, but are they talking to customers on a daily basis, or are they stuck in corporate shadows?

Reactions: Slamminc11
I'm sure the Colorado AG is really sticking up for consumer protection when misleading advertisements are the norm these days. It's all PR. Notice that half is going to "continued consumer protection efforts" by the CO AG and half to the CO general fund, none to the people affected. Regarding the do not call "violation" they could just go the way of the industry and spoof their name and number to effectively avoid prosecution altogether.

Of course Dish does not pay these "fines", Dish customers do via rate hikes. The only real way to solve this would be for the individuals that crafted these policies were held personally liable and Dish was not allowed to reimburse them for the fines.

Reactions: ChadT41
Of course Dish does not pay these "fines", Dish customers do via rate hikes. The only real way to solve this would be for the individuals that crafted these policies were held personally liable and Dish was not allowed to reimburse them for the fines.

Exactly

The price increase next month alone makes this fine laughable at best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)