Dish Setup for DVR625 Receiver

SportingFan9

Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
I am planning on getting a DVR625 and was wondering what my setup was going to be like. I think I am on the right track however I was hoping that you guys can confirm the following setup:

I plan on setting up a Dish 500 with a DPP twin LNB. I also have a 39" dish with a KU Circular LNB to obtain the 118.7 satellite in order to get international programming. Now, can the feed from the 118.7 LNB be connected to the spare port (LNB IN) of the DPP twin LNB? Would that then mean that the two lines from Ports 1 & 2 then get connected to Sat 1 and Sat 2 of the DVR625 in order to get programming from 110, 119 and 118.7? Are any switches (i.e. Separator) required in this setup at all?

I would really appreciate some feedback from you folks on this - any tips/comments would be more than welcome.

Here's my wag: Your 36" dish should be good for 118. But the LNB has to be a DishPro (bandstacked) type to feed the input port on the DPP twin.

The setup is not being done in the US. I know that the programming from the 118.7 can be obtained via a KU Circular LNB as I am receiving my international programming from it (a direct line from the LNB to my 301). I wanted to get the Gold250 programming along with the international programming, hence the reason that I am trying to have my setup done as indicated in post #1. Any thoughts?

This is why we can't help you.

It is categorically forbidden to discuss methods of illegal reception of satellite programming.

Someone who is actually paying for it as opposed to stealing the signal is considered illegal? If you don't want to help, that's fine and if there is someone out there who can help, I would appreciate the assistance. If not, no worries.

How about this contraption? I claim that if it's really DishPro, then it's bandstacked and hence can go into your DPP twin.

I think that I will try out my version of the connection. Worse case scenario, I have a feed from the 118.7 dish straight to my receiver and one from the DPP twin LNB into the other feed of the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)