Dish setup??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is this normal to only get the closet south birds and nothing further west during an install?

As you can se my signal drops the more west I go from sbs-6 then after g-3 nothing.

Its not normal, I can pick up every satellite in my arc, from around 160w to 25w. Of course my line of sight is clear.

So tune in sbs-6 to the highest signal I can get and that’s it? I have some pine trees like 30 feet away and my dish is around 10 high.

Cool thanks at 43.26 I have to be around 43 away from the trees I will have to check this when I get home I really don’t want to move the dish errrrrr lol.

Well I went up again and retuned amc-6 I moved the dish a bit and the motor very slightly and was receiving amc-6 at the dish at 90%. After I reinstalled the 3500sd in my house the signal is down to 75% and I checked all my cables. Why is this?

Also I looked and I am 55f away from my pine trees and according to that calculator you gave me im ok. If my trees were 50f tall id have to be 53f away from the tree and I don’t think my trees are 50f tall

HELP
Thanks
Dave

The further away from the dish the weaker the signal gets because of resistance. But that does seem like a large drop in signal quality. How long is the run and what type/brand of coax and ends are you using?

I looked at the coax today there is no numbers on it all I know is that it’s left over from my HDTV catv install it has pvc jacket (white) ground, foil, ground, foil, insulation, solid copper center. I assume it’s good to 2200. And the run is less then 100’. Do you recommend another coax something I can get at homedepo, Lowes, radio shack? I also used the twist on connectors.

Yes all of the above sell RG6 cable, its also best to use snap and seal connectors/fittings.

Attachments

• imagesq.jpg
    imagesq.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 133
Ok I will try a new coax run Friday I hope and will get back at yeah

Thanks again for all your help!!!!
Dave

Well that link did not work….home depot has BICC
500 Ft. Black RG 6 Quad Shield Coaxial Cable
Model 92041-45-08

Same here my link did not work :)

Quad shield is the BEST! That should work nicely! But special connectors are needed for quad shield!

If its a short run, regular RG6 is all you need!

Yeeeech!

Those are hex crimp on! They are.............. ok for indoors but useless for outdoors!

I can’t find any compression connectors or compression tools other then mail order?

I used hex crimp connectors for many years, I started using dielectric grease inside them.

And never had a problem with one since the minute I started using it :)

I even use it in all outdoor snap and seal connectors.

Yeeeech!

Those are hex crimp on! They are.............. ok for indoors but useless for outdoors!

I don’t understand you said no go with the hex connectors in my last post?

You said in your last post that you can't get snap and seal /compression connectors locally, so I was just letting you know hex crimps with dielectric grease will work.

Just snap and seal /compression type are BETTER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)