Dish Signal Strength Table...

You can have good signal and still get pixelation if the lnb is on the skids. Swapping it out would be a good start.

AND it may very well be. It's from the early days of two dish installs. But I have had Duals up there and think I have a new one still in the box. I'll have to go see if I can dig it out. OR a single from Walmart can't cost all that much. Couldn't find a Single DPP. But a triple DPH is only $33.

Can't rule out cabling either, especially if it has been out in the weather for awhile. It can get this black corrosion on the center conductor, you can have good signal and have pixelation issues also.

You could save yourself a headache by just having dish come and take a look at it. A super buddy meter can be invaluable for troubleshooting issues. The only problem with many techs is they don't know how to fully take advantage of the meter. So that could be a crap shoot as well.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Can't rule out cabling either, especially if it has been out in the weather for awhile. It can get this black corrosion on the center conductor, you can have good signal and have pixelation issues also.

You could save yourself a headache by just having dish come and take a look at it. A super buddy meter can be invaluable for troubleshooting issues. The only problem with many techs is they don't know how to fully take advantage of the meter. So that could be a crap shoot as well.

DISH just reinstalled that dish. But the LNB and the rest was only touched in testing with a Super Buddy for signal after the dish was reanchored and being aimed. He used the end of the line that would connect to the DPH44 when he got the 55 level. So I would guess that he would have found fault then? I keep watch on it a bit longer to see if I can find a pattern or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)