Dish/Spectrum Sports Suite?

There is the Dodgers channel that was already mentioned, and there is the Lakers channel (and it's Spanish version). Those are the main ones. But I believe that there are some other channels that show things like high school sports, some college basketball, lacrosse, or minor league baseball across the country in the areas served by Time Warner Cable. I know there used to be a Time Warner Sportsnet in Wisconsin at one point; but it has been years since I have been up in Wisconsin with a chance to watch tv. I don't even know if it exists anymore since Fox Sports Wisconsin is now a full time RSN up there.

There is the Dodgers channel that was already mentioned, and there is the Lakers channel (and it's Spanish version). Those are the main ones. But I believe that there are some other channels that show things like high school sports, some college basketball, lacrosse, or minor league baseball across the country in the areas served by Time Warner Cable. I know there used to be a Time Warner Sportsnet in Wisconsin at one point; but it has been years since I have been up in Wisconsin with a chance to watch tv. I don't even know if it exists anymore since Fox Sports Wisconsin is now a full time RSN up there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_Sports

9 channels and if they get the whole suite it would add a NY RSN.

Honestly if they want the Lakers/Dodgers channels added they should just bundle the entire suite for one price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_Sports

9 channels and if they get the whole suite it would add a NY RSN.

Honestly if they want the Lakers/Dodgers channels added they should just bundle the entire suite for one price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing that - looks like the still have the Wisconsin channel after all these years. Looking at those channels, outside of LA, there are very few professional sporting teams that are on those channels. All those lacrosse and minor league teams - those would be ideal channels to add to the multi-sport pack with all the Fox and Comcast RSN's. In fact, those Spectrum RSN's would have very few blackouts. Looking for more value to be added to multi-sport pack... I see Longhorn, SEC, Big 10, and PAC12 networks are still all listed as part of multi-sport pack, even though they are all available with Top 120+ and you need Top 120+ to add the multisport pack... RedZone is really the only reason I subscribe to the mult-sport pack.

Spectrum Sports Net (Lakers) and Spectrum Sports Net LA (Dodgers) are 2 seperate channels/services from the Spectrum Sports offerings. In other words, if MVPD's want the Lakers or the Dodgers, they have to pay the seperate HIGH price to get EACH of them becaue neither is part of the Spectrum Sports offerings.

Yeah, it would be nice if Lakers and Dodgers would be included but TWC is committed to giving both the Lakers and Dodgers so much money, that if those teams were included, it would pull in less money than the current seperate channels set-up. Bottom line is TWC made a financially bad deal with mostly the Dodgers (Lakers carried on all but Dish, I think?), although the Lakers channel was offered at LOWER than originally needed for it to make economic sense, I think, based on their success with the Lakers, becaue virtually none of the OTHER MVPD's will pay for the Dodger channel, and TWC MUST pay the Dodgers what was promised regardless of how well or poorly Sports Net LA performs, and it is not doing well enough to pay for itself.

I suppose the new Charter could just have Sports Net LA (or both channels) go bankrupt and just get out of it. It seems the ONLY way to get out of the contract and not shovel money into a furnace for an agreement that makes no economic sense. And no! If either services were offerd A la Carte to each subscriber, it would still be a huge financial LOSS. The only way the economies work on these channels is if nearly every MVPD offers it at either BASIC or one tier above level, and that aint happening with Net LA. TWC greatly mis-calculated thinking that all MVPD's would have no choice but to take the channel or face the wrath of sports fans, but the ugly truth is that MOST people in this country (suprisingly?) DO NOT watch nor really care about such sports in general nor the teams.

Dish, being as anti-sports as they are I'd say there is exactly zero chance that either Spectrum SportsNet (Lakers, Galaxy), Spectrum Deportes (Spanish) or SportsNet LA (Dodgers) ever get added. The other small time channels have even less of a shot. We've had a local TWC Sports Channel in Upstate NY for years. Before it's existence as a full time channel, every so often a high school game of some sort of a minor league baseball game would be shown on the local TWC only news channel (R News, at the time) or on the main infomercial channel. I watch our local sports channel mainly for the AHL team, NLL team and occasionally the lowly Buffalo Bulls. The channel has very low production standards, and looks very low budget. It has more of a community access feel to it, than RSN feel.

There would be a lot more than 9 channels that need to be added. There are 5 of these cable only RSNs in NY State alone, that have major differences in their schedules and teams they broadcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)