Dish still installing legacy LNBs?

Re: post 17
The versions of the Twin are explained at http://ekb.dbstalk.com/35. The DP Quad is the 4-output version of the DP Twin. The DPP Twin adds a satellite input so that no additional switch is required to feed 3 satellites to 2 receivers. There is no DPP Quad.

All DP and DPP receivers can use legacy LNBs and switches. DishPro is explained at http://ekb.dbstalk.com/217.

Re: post 19
DP Twin, DP Single (or DP Dual), DP34, 4 lines to 4 receivers.
You may not get a DP34 when your 942 is installed though since a DPP Twin meets the needs of your 2 receivers.

You can hook up the 942 to your legacy Twin now to let it download the current software. Then the installer will only need to wait for another check switch.

Datwell, your legacy Dish500 must have 2 dual LNBs. Kberk's has a legacy Twin which must be replaced because it is maxed out at 2 tuners and can't be used to feed an SW64.

Thanks. I think I get it.

I'm thinking I prefer DPP Twin. If I understand correctly, I can always have a DPP 44 added if I ever add a more than two recievers, or if for some reason I have to add a 4th orbital location.

joshschuler said:
Alright, probably gonna confuse ya', but here goes.
You can use:
Legacy LNB & switches on DPP, DP, & Legacy rcvr's
DP LNB's & switches on DP & DPP rcvr's, lnb's, & switches
DPP LNB's & switches on DPP & DP rcvr's

Legacy rcvrs CAN be used w/ DPP LNB's/Switches, provided that at least 1 DP/DPP receiver is connected to the LNB or Switch for adequate power. That said, it still seems kinda funny to me that since a DP44 switch has it's own power source, it still needs the above mentioned scenario. DPP was designed to 'bring the whole family together', without the need for extra adapters. ;)

BluEBoaR said:
Legacy rcvrs CAN be used w/ DPP LNB's/Switches, provided that at least 1 DP/DPP receiver is connected to the LNB or Switch for adequate power. That said, it still seems kinda funny to me that since a DP44 switch has it's own power source, it still needs the above mentioned scenario. DPP was designed to 'bring the whole family together', without the need for extra adapters. ;)
I just REread the DPP44 install guide and did NOT see any limitation requiring "at least one DishPro receiver".

That limitation DOES apply to the DPP-Twin however.

Thanks for the help. In the end, I had my legacy twin upgraded to DPP twin, had 61.5 installed.

The feed to the 942 is split thanks to DPP.

I'm currently using Cable TV for HD Local channels. I had a wire going to my big set for this, but none going to the little set with the 811. Well, the Dish guy added a duplexor (I think that was the name) to both ends of the cable I had going to the 811 and small TV. This allowed both cable and sat to use the same wire from outside the house to the small TV setup. Cool stuff.

SimpleSimon said:
I just REread the DPP44 install guide and did NOT see any limitation requiring "at least one DishPro receiver".

That limitation DOES apply to the DPP-Twin however.

Thank you for screwing my head on straight :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)