Dish Sues Over Online Streaming Device

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've used kodi since it was Xbmc (on an original XBox). I never new one could hack into other services until I started shopping for a Kindle Fire TV and saw all the ads for free programming with it.
It is an example of a good product that can be used for less than good.

Reactions: Tampa8
I read the actual press release from Dish..
Their position appears to be not one where the objection is to streaming services, but one of exclusivity.
Dish claims exclusive rights to broadcast or stream the images and content( yes I'm being over wordy there) of the programming in question.
On that narrow issue alone, I have to be on the Dish camp here.
If dish is indeed the exclusive provider of said programming, then in my view the streaming service is violating that exclusivity

Reactions: cbm11549
I read the actual press release from Dish..
Their position appears to be not one where the objection is to streaming services, but one of exclusivity.
Dish claims exclusive rights to broadcast or stream the images and content( yes I'm being over wordy there) of the programming in question.
On that narrow issue alone, I have to be on the Dish camp here.
If dish is indeed the exclusive provider of said programming, then in my view the streaming service is violating that exclusivity
Wordwide?

I have no idea. I can only go by the press release. It made no mention of geographic location.
I think its really about certain people streaming dish network's signals over the internet..that's equal to a pirated satellite box..if people are paying to receive these signals they should be prosecuted

Kodi is pretty much dead if the broadcasters get together on this issue. The software on the boxes are either marketed as Kodi although it's a custom build to offer illegal streams or forked from Kodi and totally marketed as H.TV. However the way I read the press release it's alleging that the company H.TV is not only building the boxes but have set up an illegal network of streaming channels online and are granting access when the boxes are purchased.

Kodi is pretty much dead if the broadcasters get together on this issue. The software on the boxes are either marketed as Kodi although it's a custom build to offer illegal streams or forked from Kodi and totally marketed as H.TV. However the way I read the press release it's alleging that the company H.TV is not only building the boxes but have set up an illegal network of streaming channels online and are granting access when the boxes are purchased.
Nope..you have no clue

I am amazed that those who produce and those who deliver the content have not made a big deal about Kodi, I put it on my Computer just to see what the fuss is about and everything was on there ( TV shows, Sports, Movies including ones that were still in Theaters in HD.)

I don't use it ( deleted it after I was done checking it out), I have enough content to watch with cable, Netflix, Vudu, Hulu and figured out a way to make it affordable legally ( sharing my UV account with 5 others, buy Netfix and Hulu gift cards with points from my Best Buy Visa, bundling cable and broadband ) and I really believe those that produce content need to be paid.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)