dish switches customers from 105 to 129

gernskin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Some of my customers are getting calls from Dishnetwork to switch them from 105 to 129, I dont think they are having retailers do them,
Can anyone else reflect on this, I guess 105 is on its way out,
Here in WV thats not a good thing.
I would love to get paid for switching MY customers

Dish has been emptying 105W for some time now. They were going after both 105W and 121W, but apparently decided to keep the internationals at 121W for those who couldn't see 61.5W.

In any event, the fewer Superdishes they have to deal with, the better.

If you're the ROR, you'll need to get after your customers.

Dish has been emptying 105W for some time now. They were going after both 105W and 121W, but apparently decided to keep the internationals at 121W for those who couldn't see 61.5W.

In any event, the fewer Superdishes they have to deal with, the better.

If you're the ROR, you'll need to get after your customers.

No, 121 IS going away as far as residntial service is concerned. The Internationals are being moved to 118.7.

What part of WV are you in gernskin? Do you get the Charleston/Huntington WV locals? There will be a lot of customers that they will lose to DirecTv because 129 is very hard to see here.

I,m in the Clarksburg/Weston area, lots of people will have some tuff switches, requiring poles. I'd have to charge, I wonder if Dish will.

Some of my customers are getting calls from Dishnetwork to switch them from 105 to 129, I dont think they are having retailers do them,
Can anyone else reflect on this, I guess 105 is on its way out,
Here in WV thats not a good thing.
I would love to get paid for switching MY customers

I can say that a few DNS techs from Michigan recently went out of market in the Dunbar area to do the retrofits. I've done the 129 installs there myself last year in that area, all I can say is pole mounts, alot of coax and a inclinometer. :)

I am in central VA and dealing with the switch to 129....

It is not pretty. I have had 3 technicians out to try to get LOS. Right after the first one left, I called to see if I could get distant networks from All American Direct or whoever it is that sells off Dish satellites - no go, but they would have been happy to take $10 to apply for waivers. Right.

Next, I talked to Direct - used to have them with 3 out of 4 distant network feeds. Nope - they cannot give me any.

Back to Dish to try to establish LOS.

All the techs had similar stories - customers dropping like flies. Any idea as to why Dish would make such a "short-sighted" decision? Going from ~40 degrees inclination to ~20 degrees in heavily forested, mountainous areas is just a recipe for losing business.

For details you will need to have pub member access, click the my sig link if you want to help support the site and get some details that no one else has the brass to even speculate on.

It is not pretty. I have had 3 technicians out to try to get LOS. Right after the first one left, I called to see if I could get distant networks from All American Direct or whoever it is that sells off Dish satellites - no go, but they would have been happy to take $10 to apply for waivers. Right.

Next, I talked to Direct - used to have them with 3 out of 4 distant network feeds. Nope - they cannot give me any.

Back to Dish to try to establish LOS.

All the techs had similar stories - customers dropping like flies. Any idea as to why Dish would make such a "short-sighted" decision? Going from ~40 degrees inclination to ~20 degrees in heavily forested, mountainous areas is just a recipe for losing business.
----------The definition for a RV waiver can often be used with the right interpretation. You might want to try for a waiver with All Amercian using a vehicle you already own (van, suv,truck that you use for "camping") or a real camper -- or search for "moving" advice under other threads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)