Dish /T-Mobile

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So what will the new DISH cell service be called I wonder? If we stay with the Australian animal names.... Wombat cell company? ;) Now where will DISH get retail shops to sell their phones now that they will have the Boost pre paid cell phones? That would mean a lot of rent every month to support the new sell company public retail stores. If only they had kept the Blockbuster stores they would have plenty of store fronts. Maybe Sprint , which won't exist anymore, will sell their leases to DISH since they won't need them .

Platypus?
Echidna?
Monotreme?

T-Mobile has good coverage in most of New England (excluding Maine). I left T-Mobile for a family plan on AT&T, only because at the time AT&T and T-Mobile were planning a merger. If I only knew that wouldn't have gone through, I would have forced her to come to T-Mobile instead of me joining her at AT&T
T Mobile has very little(if any) coverage in Vermont also. ATT and Verizon dominate.
ATT benefitted by taking over all the Unicell towers in Vermont-Bernie helped with the deal because his nephew wanted an iphone which you could only get on ATT at that time.(I made that part up :) ).

Instant worldwide cell system for Dish. SpaceX doesn’t have to set up customer servicing.

I don't expect Ergen is contemplating building out a satellite phone system. Or are you intimating something else?

SpaceX is building out a LEO system called STARLINK. It is for Internet. Grafting cell service would be easier than it was for Iridium.

Reactions: charlesrshell
SpaceX is building out a LEO system called STARLINK. It is for Internet. Grafting cell service would be easier than it was for Iridium.

If you are responding to me, I'm still not following. Are you suggesting Dish Wireless will be a satellite phone and not a terrestrial cell phone network like the big boys? I sure hope Dish Wireless plans on a fiber backhaul, and not Starlink for that purpose.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My 55+ plan with T-mobile as been great going on three years now. Over they years I had all three carriers and they all have a terrible signal in my neighborhood. AT&T and T-mobile gave me cell spots (microcell equipment). Also wi-fi calling makes it not a big deal.

My 55+ plan with T-mobile as been great going on three years now. Over they years I had all three carriers and they all have a terrible signal in my neighborhood. AT&T and T-mobile gave me cell spots (microcell equipment). Also wi-fi calling makes it not a big deal.
I wish ATT still sold microcells-half the time I have to remember to turn wifi calling back on after leaving the house and then returning on my Galaxy s7.My wife's Note 4 is even worse with wifi calling.Perhaps newer models are better.

If you are responding to me, I'm still not following. Are you suggesting Dish Wireless will be a satellite phone and not a terrestrial cell phone network like the big boys? I sure hope Dish Wireless plans on a fiber backhaul, and not Starlink for that purpose.
Yeah, why in the world would Dish Wireless go from terrestrial 5G to slower Sat service?

Reactions: TheKrell
LEO is far faster than GEO. Backhaul would be simplified. Latency would be on the order of 32 milliseconds to LEO, as opposed to 600 for GEO.

NOW, a handheld to LEO cell would be a different animal. But not as different as Iridium handsets.

Wonder what DISH's future in 5G portends for the fate of the company's satellite TV business, as well as their low-cost streaming alternative Sling?
and how we now have voice activation via
Wonder what DISH's future in 5G portends for the fate of the company's satellite TV business, as well as their low-cost streaming alternative Sling?

I also wonder if we won't see DISH tie up with another company with deeper pockets that wants to get into the 5G business, like Comcast or Charter. Obvious synergies there, both in their wireless ambitions but also their legacy TV products.
What! Ergen team up with those scoundrels who seem not to like nor respect Ergen. On the other hand, Ergen does seem to have a relationship with Bob Iger (Disney), been kozy with Amazon (Jeff Bezos), and most recently Alphabet (parent to Google). It seems Amazon and Google have been given a lot of LOVE in recent times. Now, we can only do native voice control with Google Assistant and not Dish's previous licenesd voice control, and Google gets very high visability on Dish voice control marketing. I could see Alphabet/Google being interested in leasing some of Dish's spectrem for its (Google's) own use for whatever Googl's plans may be, perhaps providing wireless services to Google phones, or using Dish's 5G spectrum for Alphabet's Waymo driverless ride share service where the efficiencies and low latency of the 5G spectrum is KEY to driverless cars operating almost everywhere being a reality, or whatever else, and Alphabet could use its money to greatly accelearate the construction of the network because it would be good for Alphabet/Google. That would still be providing competition to the big wireless companies even if it only via leasing out his spectrum to others for wireless service while Dish operates and works on the 5G spectrum.

It seems Dish is really interested in 5G non-consumer, enterprise business, and not being a traditional wireless carrier selling phones and plans, etc.

Reactions: rvvaquero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)