Dish Talks About hd

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
This may be an insight of what may be coming. They do point out here that independents networks have a better chance of making it to your provider than do bundles under one company.

I still think the Viacoms hd will be next for us.:)

Are There Enough HDTV Channels?

It is funny how the guy from WFN said that fishing looks great in hd.
I wish he would share it with the rest of us.:rolleyes:

Interesting how many of those tech journalists said the sky was falling for satellite because of bundled services. Yet, it is all about HD now, isn't it. Satellite still manages to poach cable quite well today, although not as much as the old days. Direct TV's very strong addition of new subs because of its lead in HD is the proof. And while Dish doesn't quite have as many HD channels as Direct TV (I counted the "real" national channels between the two and Dish only comes up a bit short in terms of numbers) it still offers more HD than cable. It seems satellite, Ergan in particular, know what the next big thing will be while cable still follows rather than leads and lose the big gains that satellite gets by being "first" with what people want. First it was DVR's; now it is HD channels. Satellite will be around for a while, yet.

This may be an insight of what may be coming. They do point out here that independents networks have a better chance of making it to your provider than do bundles under one company.

I still think the Viacoms hd will be next for us.:)

Are There Enough HDTV Channels?

It is funny how the guy from WFN said that fishing looks great in hd.
I wish he would share it with the rest of us.:rolleyes:

There's actually been a little bit of HD on WFN lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts