Dish tech says can not repoint 61.5 to 129

bigdaddy65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
I was told by the dish tech that the dish 500 I currently have pointed at 61.5 can not be re-pointed to 129. He said that 129 requires an oval dish becasue it is lower than 61.5. Is he right?

If the 500 will work for one sat, it will work for another. The tech probably thought your dish was set up with 2 lnb's. I assume that you use the single yoke and not the Y yoke???

No he was standing next to it when he told me that it could not be re-pointed. Correct it is a single lnb. When I questioned him he got very defensive and told me he had only been doing this for 6 years so he knew what he was talking about. I even showed him an email exchange with tech support where they told me it needed re-pointing and he told me they were wrong and I needed to buy the 129 dish.

I have a Dish 500 installed pointed at 129. it is even installed with the y bracket for 110 and 119. not the single lnb adapter.

The 129 is lower than 61.5. That's the only thing he is right about. My existing 500 would have worked just fine if it weren't for a huge pine tree. Had to install another for 61.5.

Where are you located, bigdaddy? There are places in the NE and SE and South Texas that really can't see 129, and there are a lot of fringe locations that require the bigger oval dish, the Dish 1000.2.

Well if he's outside the reception area the original tech was still an idiot because the dish he wanted to use won't work either.

bigdaddy, is there something on 129 you can't get from 61.5 ?

true, maybe the original tech was talking about a great big dedicated dish for 129 and not the normal dish1000.

Where are you located, bigdaddy? There are places in the NE and SE and South Texas that really can't see 129, and there are a lot of fringe locations that require the bigger oval dish, the Dish 1000.2.

I'm in South Texas (South Padre Island area) and get mostly mid 80s and some 90's (only one in the 70s) on my Dish500 with I-adapter pointed at 129.

Cheers,
Red

I have a dish 500 pointed to 61.5 for the HD program but I also wanted to get Sports South HD. I called Dish and they sent someone out on Saturday to reposition it for me to get 129. The installer came and the first thing he said was it wasn't going to happen. Seems like I have a LOS problem with 129. Is there anyway that Dish is going to mirror all the programs on 61.5 since some of us in the SouthEast want to watch SportsSouth HD and can't get 129? Does anyone think sending an email to the CEO email would work in helping get this done. Both the Dish network customer service guy and the installer said it was dumb not to put it on both 61.5/129. Are their other HD stations in HD I am missing since I have 61.5 instead of 129? I live in Aiken SC if this helps.

I was told by the dish tech that the dish 500 I currently have pointed at 61.5 can not be re-pointed to 129. He said that 129 requires an oval dish becasue it is lower than 61.5. Is he right?
Holy sh*t!....Unbelieveable...Was this a tech in the process of trying to get out of doing a job?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)