Dish: The "90%" company - Who cares if the other 10% is the most important?

1. Even if it did work correctly it's a fraction as good as the Slingbox system.
If it worked correctly, most people simply wouldn't need the functionality of a full Slingbox. That is especially true at $30 for an HD SA vs $240 for an HD SB.

2. You can wallow and be mad, write posts, OR you can just decide you really want those features and do something you have control over and ride off into the sunset happy, or happier, or as happy as some can be.
Or, they can be happy with 90%, happy enough to stay, and voice their displeasure with the remaining 10%
No kidding they should fix it. They have not and I don't see anything that says they will. So you can go to another carrier whose online works better (probably any other) or stay with Dish who you may feel otherwise is providing what you want overall, and hope they eventually fix it, or take other action, namely get a Slingbox and move on.
That's right. He should buck up just spend the $240. Jeez, what a wuss!

Expecting things to work is for sissies! And, complaining about things that don't work takes away from precious time and energy complaining about people who complain about things that don't work, which is obviously a better use of one's time.

One of the biggest complaints that I see most have is sports. I do get a little annoyed by their attitude toward sports. However, we've known their take on sports for some time now. So I can't feel bad for people who get angry about it. By now you should know what you are in for.

Last edited:
Pepper said:
As a citizen of the United States, I hereby apologize for the words of that other American, who apparently believes every Dish customer only wants to watch channels that originate within United States territory.

Lol. Hysterical.

In my opinion I thought the posting was pretty good, but just 90% :) It reminds me of the auto industry. Everything works great when you buy your new car, but then the first
recall puts the manufacturer in the 90% ratio.

As a citizen of the United States, I hereby apologize for the words of that other American, who apparently believes every Dish customer only wants to watch channels that originate within United States territory.
Heck, many of the so-called "international" channels originate within the United States, with programs produced in the United States, specifically FOR newly-minted and second generation Americans.