Dish ticks me off sometimes

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Well I just bought my mom a new LG LCD tv, and we needed to upgrade one of the recievers also, so I called Dish to exchange a 510 for a 622, and since we upgraded one of our recievers already this year we cant do it again. So intead of an easy exchange the CSR said that we would have to buy it for over 500 dollars. I hate dishes stupid rules. Is there any way around this?

Well I just bought my mom a new LG LCD tv, and we needed to upgrade one of the recievers also, so I called Dish to exchange a 510 for a 622, and since we upgraded one of our recievers already this year we cant do it again. So intead of an easy exchange the CSR said that we would have to buy it for over 500 dollars. I hate dishes stupid rules. Is there any way around this?

If you already did an HD upgrade this year then no.

It's ceo@echostar.com and if they won't help you, then you can pick up a 622 on Ebay for about $425 if you watch, make sure it's from a dealer with alot of perfect bid history. My neighbor picked one up for $415 new with free shipping the other day. It works great !

I know it seems like a pain sometimes... but its the same type of rules everyone else has. Most tv and also cell phone companys have about the same rules on upgrades. I can't call up cingular, upgrade my phone, and then call them back 6 months later and want to upgrade again... they wont do it... and neither will dish.

Unless maybe you upgrade your programming package at the same time... say go from AT200 to AT250 and maybe throw in HBO. Approach them by saying you are considering upgrading but would like to see if they could add the 622... which they might view as an incentive not so different than if you were a new customer. Probably not but you never know until you try.

Try again and get a CSR that knows what the hell they are talking about. I haven't heard of any such issues like yours.

Try again and get a CSR that knows what the hell they are talking about. I haven't heard of any such issues like yours.

It's the Dish N' It Up business rules he's referring to. You can only use the program once every 12 months, one HD receiver limit per transaction. There's exceptions as always, but the average account doesn't meet the requirements (i.e. 500/mo balance).

The rule is legit.

It's the Dish N' It Up business rules he's referring to. You can only use the program once every 12 months, one HD receiver limit per transaction. There's exceptions as always, but the average account doesn't meet the requirements (i.e. 500/mo balance).

The rule is legit.
Ok..But I didn't notice the original poster mentioned that they already had done a DIU

Okay I sent an email to ceo.ecostar.com and I got a call today from a nice lady named Judy who said that she can do the exchange. She exchanged my 510 for a 622 for $150 but i get a $50 rebate that she emailed me. I thought that was a pretty good deal. I was very impressed that dish would actually call me.

Okay I sent an email to ceo.ecostar.com and I got a call today from a nice lady named Judy who said that she can do the exchange. She exchanged my 510 for a 622 for $150 but i get a $50 rebate that she emailed me. I thought that was a pretty good deal. I was very impressed that dish would actually call me.

The CEO line is good like that....they did the same for me. I wanted the 622 instead of the 211 after a couple of months and they hooked me up. No rebates though. I just got a new HDTV and want an HD Receiver but I've already used the CEO line once...don't want to overdo it.

You can only use the program once every 12 months

Is it 12 months or 18 months?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)