DISH to acquire Republic Wireless

I'd say this would dovetail nicely with the Republic acquisition. Nothing like buying the tech to allow customers to easily roam across multiple carriers and then buy a bunch of smaller carriers to meet your coverage commitments.

Last edited:
Reactions: navychop

I'd say this would dovetail nicely with the Republic acquisition. Nothing like buying the tech to allow customers to easily roam across multiple carriers and then buy a bunch of smaller carriers to meet your coverage commitments.
TDS Telecom is our local phone company, and the phone company for Beaver Island, MI, where I've owned a bunch of property over the years.

TDS Telecom is our local phone company, and the phone company for Beaver Island, MI, where I've owned a bunch of property over the years.
Sounds like they don't want the wireline service, so that will probably be sold or spun off, assuming they manage to make the acquisition.

Reactions: primestar31
Sounds like they don't want the wireline service, so that will probably be sold or spun off, assuming they manage to make the acquisition.
I have Ooma anyway. I dumped TDS Telecom 6 years ago. Why pay $35 plus a month, for a POTS line. I get Ooma for less than $5 a month, and that's mostly taxes and FCC fees.

Reactions: TheKrell and ncted
Monday at 4:45 PM
Add bookmark
It's on. I looked around and saw that Republic Wireless by DISH is being advertised on Channel 800. I went to the website and looked around. Clicked on a few features and pricing. Also checked to see that 4G is available and 5G hits an area next door, just like Verizon. Who provides the service ?? Now if they would provide Home Internet via cellular service, I'd jump on that.

Monday at 4:45 PM
Add bookmark
It's on. I looked around and saw that Republic Wireless by DISH is being advertised on Channel 800. I went to the website and looked around. Clicked on a few features and pricing. Also checked to see that 4G is available and 5G hits an area next door, just like Verizon. Who provides the service ?? Now if they would provide Home Internet via cellular service, I'd jump on that.
Lots of info here

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)