DISH to buy T-Mobile in 2014?

No. A Google - Dish - T Mobile company may bring innovation and competition to the field. Shake things up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

This is a story to keep us entertained and speculating all year.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

By the way, I don't know where phonearena got their info, but Reuters claims an exclusive here:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/18/us-t-mobile-dish-idUSBRE9BH1AU20131218

OH NO! That is my cell phone company! I would hate to see DISH run this in the ground like they did Blockbuster .

Mine too, but I don't expect the same abject failure to execute that we witnessed with BBV. :( I think Charlie understands he doesn't now know how to run an enormous cell phone company, and would seek to keep present management. Fingers crossed.

No. A Google - Dish - T Mobile company may bring innovation and competition to the field. Shake things up a bit.

Fully agree... Except, where did you get "Google" from?

Makes sense, if it's true. Dish has wanted to get into the wireless business for quite a while. I mean, it's the main reason they purchased Blockbuster.

Of course Blockbuster was already run in the ground when Dish acquired it...
This.

Saying Dish ran Blockbuster into the ground is revision history. If anything, it was the opposite. Dish help to extend Blockbuster's lifespan.

I recently switched to T-Mobile, and I would personally hate for them to become a Dish company.

BTW, I highly recommend T-Mo, if you live in an area with good coverage. Their LTE is WAY faster than Verizon's, at least in my nape of the neck of the woods.

IMG_0486.JPG

Saying Dish ran Blockbuster into the ground is revision history. If anything, it was the opposite. Dish help to extend Blockbuster's lifespan.
While they didn't run BB into the ground, Dish certainly wasted an excellent opportunity, and completely squandered whatever value the brand had. That much is actual history.

(And, the expression is "revisionist history". "Revision history" would be a list of release notes that tell us what changes were made with each revision of software.)

This is interesting. Dish bidding against the new owner of Sprint (Deutsche Telekom) again for another cell provider. Dish I think will have better odds this time since the government wants four cell providers. I think we are better off having Dish buy it than the cell provider being eliminated. More competition is better.

Also very interesting how Dish is working with Sprint for broadband but may be competing to get T-Mobile. Wonder how that will affect their arrangement they just made. The article stated that Charlie wants to enhance its video offerings rather than in areas such as voice, data and texting services where telecom companies have dominance yet they just partnered with Sprint to offer broadband.

This is interesting. Dish bidding against the new owner of Sprint (Deutsche Telekom) again for another cell provider. Dish I think will have better odds this time since the government wants four cell providers. I think we are better off having Dish buy it than the cell provider being eliminated. More competition is better.

Also very interesting how Dish is working with Sprint for broadband but may be competing to get T-Mobile. Wonder how that will affect their arrangement they just made. The article stated that Charlie wants to enhance its video offerings rather than in areas such as voice, data and texting services where telecom companies have dominance yet they just partnered with Sprint to offer broadband.

Deutsche Telekom owns T-Mobile, Sprint is owned by Softbank. Dish would be bidding against Softbank again

While they didn't run BB into the ground, Dish certainly wasted an excellent opportunity, and completely squandered whatever value the brand had. That much is actual history.
What excellent opportunity? What brand value? Blockbuster was a dying company when Dish purchased them.

I recently switched to T-Mobile, and I would personally hate for them to become a Dish company.

BTW, I highly recommend T-Mo, if you live in an area with good coverage. Their LTE is WAY faster than Verizon's, at least in my nape of the neck of the woods.

View attachment 93552

Wow, your verizon results are bad (in comparison). Must be alot of congestion.

In my area, Verizon is easily on top with downloads of 50 plus and uploads of 14-15.

ForumRunner_20131027_083250.png

Wow, your verizon results are bad (in comparison). Must be alot of congestion.

In my area, Verizon is easily on top with downloads of 50 plus and uploads of 14-15.

View attachment 93554

I get similar speeds with my Verizon LTE. As for Dish and Tmobile, I'm not exactly sure what benefit that would give Dish. I understand that they want to own a broadband service for their receivers but I would think they have a good amount of customers who don't live in the cities where Tmobile has native service. Unless they are willing to roam on AT&T and other providers quite a bit this won't do anything for a lot of their customers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts