Dish to carry all 150 FSN Marlins games?

CapeFish

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
Cape Coral, FL -- College: FSU
ON TV

As of Tuesday, Atlantic Broadband (which services Miami Beach and other areas), as well as DIRECTV and Dish Network, declined to pay an extra fee to carry 55 Marlins telecasts that are being moved from Pax-35 to FSN or Sun Sports. Those three entities are scheduled to air 95 of the Marlins' 150 TV games.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/14211289.htm

However FSN Florida said something very differently to me about DirecTV and Dish Network: http://capefish.blogspot.com/2006/02/fsn-f...to-marlins.html

I wish this part would happen
Approximately half of the Marlins games will be produced regionally in HD this season and cable and satellite systems electing to offer them will make them available on a separate HD channel to their HD customers. To date, Dish Network has not elected to offer the HD games, but they are available to them should they elect to enter into an agreement to offer them regionally in Florida.

Your story makes more sense to me. It looks like all that needed to happen is carry both Sun Sports and FSN Florida on the same system, so D* and E* aren't affected. I'm positive the paper got it wrong

Last edited:
Well I'm not gonna call or write dish because I could care less and don't think they should have to pay more money.

But I guess Fox thinks that by providing more marlins games they are entitled to more money...

Seems odd to me that even DirecTV said no, but Comcast in SoFla is going ahead. Yet Comcast in certain parts of Florida like Sarasota and Tallahassee don't get any games because they don't carry FSN Florida.

But tonight is on FSN Florida. I thought all the bonus games were on Sun Sports, or is it a mix?

Well, the Marlins are loosing the game tonight vs Astros so I switch the channel to basketball because Orlando, Magics are winning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)