DISH to Deliver Longhorn Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would be very suprised if Dish was being paid for BYUTV.
Maybe not paid, but potentially free.

And I would bet that Longhorn is much more expensive than BYUTV. If I had to guess, BYUTV is probably only a few cents a month per subscriber while Longhorn is 10 to 20 cents a month.
And the guess with BYUTV is based on what exactly?
Yes it is an excuse to raise rates which I have no problem with...
"Excuse" or "actual reason"?
...but dish can now say that because of the Disney agreement is why they went up...I think with or with out Disney rates were going to increase one way or another
As high an increase? If Dish were really just raking us over the coals with all these increases, their profit per share would notably higher in 2013 than in say 2008.

I guess "and higher" would include DA Silver as well? Not in Texas but would probably tune in for softball, baseball and football (depending on what other football games are on).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You guys just like to complain? :facepalm

Even though, you are getting all the removed HD versions of Disney channels back with a few new channels and ESPN-U in HD!! :drama:

Maybe not paid, but potentially free.
You are correct, BYUtv is provided for free http://www.byutvint.org/getbyutvi/ but that doesn't change the fact that there is already a university with it's own network which was the comment that I was responding to originally.

There has also been discussion online that ESPN has agreed with other providers to a two-tier system for the transmission fees where the provider is charged a higher rate for subscribers in Big 12 states and a lesser amount for subscribers in other states. I don't know if this is the case with Dish, but it wouldn't suprise me.

There are a lot of channels that I don't want or need, but I have to pay for anyway. I'm just glad that this time I get the one I want. Thank you to all of you that are paying to make me happy. :D

Reactions: Yespage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)