Dish to Drop Weather Channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but found this interesting since we have seen Weather Nation on the uplink. Wish I could find an article that states when the Weather Channel contract expires.

http://www.mdjonline.com/pages/full...ning+goes+up+for+Weather+Channel &id=26562907

"On another front, The Weather Channel’s contract with satellite provider Dish Network is soon to expire, and so the company is said to be making plans for doing without revenue from Dish and its 14 million subscribers."

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Storm warning goes up for Weather Channel

The discussion about the relevancy of it happened here last year when Directv dropped it for a while. The general consensus was, who cares?

Reactions: ChadT41 and Tampa8
My wife and I find some of the shows on TWC interesting. As for local weather, We go on line with our smart phones to a local TV stations weather app or to that stations weather subchannel..

Reactions: kikenovic
Weather channel has become weather reality TV with a minute or two of the weather thrown in for interest.

I used to watch them all the time but now its just storm stories over and over and over.

Good riddance!!

Reactions: Dee_Ann
You would think that with so many providers either dropping or threatening to drop them, they would get the hint and go back to being a more weather-related forecast/coverage channel. But I guess it's cheaper to produce/buy mockumentary/reality shows.

I do enjoy the Weirdest Weather on Earth series. Except that they are looping a small fraction of the total episodes. Boo hiss.

I don't watch the weather channel anymore .I do watch weather nation some. I was hoping D drop it.

So will most locals, which are more relevant.

ad nauseum. Our locals pre-empt programming any time a tornado or thunderstorm warning is issued until the warning expires. The weathermen will stand there repeating the same thing over and over and telling us they will get back to programming when the warning expires.

Twice the last two weeks we have had 3hrs plus of primetime and late night programming pre-empted, then get the message you can go watch the programming on the network website tomorrow. If I wanted to watch on the computer, then why are we forced to pay retransmission fees, that are just kickbacks for the network programming?
Sorry had to rant, the local weather nuts are really pissing me off and it will only get worse around here until June. I don't know how anyone survived the last 100 yrs without tv weathermen :rolleyes:

ad nauseum. Our locals pre-empt programming any time a tornado or thunderstorm warning is issued until the warning expires. The weathermen will stand there repeating the same thing over and over and telling us they will get back to programming when the warning expires.

Twice the last two weeks we have had 3hrs plus of primetime and late night programming pre-empted, then get the message you can go watch the programming on the network website tomorrow. If I wanted to watch on the computer, then why are we forced to pay retransmission fees, that are just kickbacks for the network programming?
Sorry had to rant, the local weather nuts are really pissing me off and it will only get worse around here until June. I don't know how anyone survived the last 100 yrs without tv weathermen :rolleyes:
WOIO is particularly spectacular when it comes to exaggerating conditions. If there is a downed limb, that thing will be on the screen and the "weatherman" will go on about Armageddon.

Reactions: Tomboy257
WOIO is particularly spectacular when it comes to exaggerating conditions. If there is a downed limb, that thing will be on the screen and the "weatherman" will go on about Armageddon.
WOIO? How about WEWS! However if you happen to be living in one of the affected neighborhoods you may be glad they are warning you. Just ask the residents of northern Medina county last year.

Reactions: Tomboy257
Just look at what other channels are carrying. Tonight AHC(American Heros Channel) is carrying I (Almost)
Got Away With It.
At least TWC's programming is a little better fare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts