Dish to Drop Weather Channel?

As for TWC naming winter storms? If TWC needs to do that in order to get cleared for extra coverage, then so be it. We all know what TWC is like on nights and weekends when its sunny all over the nation. That's why we channels like WN and Accuweather.
Believe or not, TWC is not the first station I know of that has names for winther storms. The FOX station in Green Bay WI does name the storms. They have different names than TWC. I'm not positive but I don't think they come up with the names.

I stated before that I am sure some people still like the programming on TWC. Personally, I enjoyed the channel when I could tune in and get weather updates. They had a niche market that tuned in regularly. I am sure they didn't grow rapidly as most programming providers want to do, but they catered very nicely to their niche. Just like Headline News and TechTV, they tried to expand to a much larger audience. I think in all three cases, they failed to attract a broader audience and they lost the core audience that they once had. On TWC, the over-hype extends far beyond Thunder Snow. Last I tuned in(long ago), it seemed as though every thunderstorm was the end of the world. That kind of thing might get good ratings once or twice, but eventually people will believe everything is crying wolf.

I enjoy one program on TWC: The Weirdest Weather on Earth. But they loop only a few shows at a time, making it a long wait before something new (to me) shows up.

I think the fact thet Thunder Snow is a rarething, I think that's why Cantore gets excited.

As for TWC naming winter storms? If TWC needs to do that in order to get cleared for extra coverage, then so be it. We all know what TWC is like on nights and weekends when its sunny all over the nation. That's why we channels like WN and Accuweather.
Believe or not, TWC is not the first station I know of that has names for winther storms. The FOX station in Green Bay WI does name the storms. They have different names than TWC. I'm not positive but I don't think they come up with the names.
Up here in Boston, we are lucky to still call the blizzard exactly what it is, a @$!#€%: blizzard. The fact is, if they had riveting programming outside the forecast, I'd be fine with how they operate. Comcast treats the weather chanel simular to the way G4 was treated just before all the providers began dropping it.

Up here in New England, thunder snow is more common than it was made to be by that jackass. Like I said, this is just one example of them trying to make themselves seem more relevant than they actually are.

Reactions: Jim S.
Up here in Boston, we are lucky to still call the blizzard exactly what it is, a @$!#€%: blizzard. The fact is, if they had riveting programming outside the forecast, I'd be fine with how they operate. Comcast treats the weather chanel simular to the way G4 was treated just before all the providers began dropping it.

Up here in New England, thunder snow is more common than it was made to be by that jackass. Like I said, this is just one example of them trying to make themselves seem more relevant than they actually are.
Providers dropped it because when NBCU/Comcast changed course on Esquire they had already murdered G4 to the point it was already buried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True. But, look at the over saturation of most of their networks with redundant programing.
It's the bundling way. Less content (less money being spent) spread over more networks (more money from subscriber fees and infomercials) = fleecing of the consumer.

Here in AZ we call a blizzard what it is... Armageddon if that ish ever comes to Phoenix.....

Weather is supposed to be their "regular programming".

Well, Music was supposed to be the regular programming of MTV, and science fiction was supposed to be the regular programming of SciFi. So, there not being much weather news on the weather channel, isn't super surprising. :)

Reactions: dare2be
We get thunder snow every once in a while here in the southern Appalachians, but it certainly doesn't cause anyone to freak out and start doing backflips! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts