Dish to expand HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
DISH Network to Expand HD Line-Up in 2008

100 National HD Channels, 100 HD Local Markets

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Jan 7, 2008 (PrimeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) -- DISH Network(r) (Nasdaq:DISH) today announced plans to increase its national HD channel count from 76 to 100 in 2008. The company also plans to add local HD channels in 65 new markets, bringing its HD local market total to 100.

"The addition of new HD national and local channels is a testament to DISH Network's unwavering focus on providing the best HD offerings," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "We at DISH Network will continue to not only be a leader in the number of HD channels, but also in quality in value."

DISH Network plans to launch three satellites in 2008, providing the company additional bandwidth to maintain its reign as a top HD provider.

The company begins its HD launches with 11 local markets including: Austin, TX; Baltimore; Cleveland; Columbia, S.C.; Flint, Mich.; Greenville, S.C.; Huntsville, Ala.; Jackson, Miss.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Orlando, Fla.; and Richmond, Va. The addition of these markets brings DISH Network's local HD penetration to 80 percent of U.S. TV households.

In conjunction with the launch of new HD programming, DISH Network is offering more choices for HD customers, including HD packages as low as $10 per month for more than 20 of the most popular HD channels. New HD packages will be available beginning Feb. 1, 2008.

"DISH Network's HD programming packages, paired with the industry's best HD DVRs, give TV consumers the complete TV viewing experience and another powerful reason to switch to DISH Network -- if they haven't already," Sahl said.

For more information about DISH Network's HD offerings or DVR technology, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit DISH Network -- Home, or visit your local DISH Network retailer.

Looks like Dish is going to "tier" their HD offerings....I would imagine if anyone wants the package they have available for $20 per month now, to act. My guess is the channels now available at that price will be split up. Customers may have to choose to either spnd more money or do with less HD content..I would imagine current HD customers would be grandfathered in..I could be wrong though

100 would be great if we actually had 76 already that I could watch...but realistically, more like 45 now. Give or take a few.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Jan 7, 2008 (PrimeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) -- DISH Network(r) (Nasdaq:DISH) today announced plans to increase its national HD channel count from 76 to 100 in 2008. The company also plans to add local HD channels in 65 new markets, bringing its HD local market total to 100.

"The addition of new HD national and local channels is a testament to DISH Network's unwavering focus on providing the best HD offerings," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "We at DISH Network will continue to not only be a leader in the number of HD channels, but also in quality in value."

DISH Network plans to launch three satellites in 2008, providing the company additional bandwidth to maintain its reign as a top HD provider.

The company begins its HD launches with 11 local markets including: Austin, TX; Baltimore; Cleveland; Columbia, S.C.; Flint, Mich.; Greenville, S.C.; Huntsville, Ala.; Jackson, Miss.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Orlando, Fla.; and Richmond, Va. The addition of these markets brings DISH Network's local HD penetration to 80 percent of U.S. TV households.

In conjunction with the launch of new HD programming, DISH Network is offering more choices for HD customers, including HD packages as low as $10 per month for more than 20 of the most popular HD channels. New HD packages will be available beginning Feb. 1, 2008.

"DISH Network's HD programming packages, paired with the industry's best HD DVRs, give TV consumers the complete TV viewing experience and another powerful reason to switch to DISH Network -- if they haven't already," Sahl said.

For more information about DISH Network's HD offerings or DVR technology, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit DISH Network -- Home, or visit your local DISH Network retailer.

Looks like Dish is going to "tier" their HD offerings....I would imagine if anyone wants the package they have available for $20 per month now, to act. My guess is the channels now available at that price will be split up. Customers may have to choose to either spnd more money or do with less HD content..I would imagine current HD customers would be grandfathered in..I could be wrong though

Yup... and Buffalo is NOT one of these markets. I'm currectly moved to NYC to get locals in HD. To do this 61.5 is going spotbeam and i'll now be LOSING HD.

Last edited:

The bigger picture here is this. With this statement, I don't expect any new HD today. Seems like if they were launching new stations, soem new offerings would probably be mentioned..

Since they did already announce this today, maybe Scott can press someone from Dish today.

Also it mentions nothing of the testing they have been doing for more hd on one transponder.

The bigger picture here is this. With this statement, I don't expect any new HD today. Seems like if they were launching new stations, soem new offerings would probably be mentioned..
E* does not have a history of launching new channels at CES

[quote"We at DISH Network will continue to not only be a leader in the number of HD channels, but also in quality in value."

[/quote]

This statement scares me more than anything. We all know how Dish counts.:)

Which 20 channels is the cheap oackage?

It was reported in another thread that the cheaper $10.00 package are simulcasts of the SD AT package that you already subscribe to. It is called the HD Essentials pack.

The more expensive $20.00 package will be called The HD Ultimate Package and is the Essentials Pack plus the HD only networks such as the 15 Vooms along with HDNet, HDNet Movies, MHD, UniversalHD and HD Theater. It really is the same $20.00 package we already get right now.

It was reported in another thread that the cheaper $10.00 package are simulcasts of the SD AT package that you already subscribe to. It is called the HD Essentials pack.

The more expensive $20.00 package will be called The HD Ultimate Package and is the Essentials Pack plus the HD only networks such as the 15 Vooms along with HDNet, HDNet Movies, MHD, UniversalHD and HD Theater. It really is the same $20.00 package we already get right now.

and Show me a press relese that backs that up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts