Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network Updates Interactive Mosaic With Six 24-Hour News Channels During 2008 Election

DISH Decision 2008 Also Provides Subscribers with Detailed Information about Presidential, Congressional and Gubernatorial Races

DISH Network Updates Interactive Mosaic With Six 24-Hour News Channels During 2008 Election

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Oct. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) , the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the digital television leader, today announced that beginning Oct. 28 and running through Nov. 7, DISH Network's interactive mosaic will update its multiple screen channel display to simultaneously air six 24-hour news channels during the 2008 election cycle. For 11 days, DISH Network(R) subscribers may tune into Ch. 100 to watch the following six networks: FOX News Channel (Ch. 205), CNN (Ch. 200), MSNBC (Ch. 209), CNN Headlines News (Ch. 202), CSPAN (Ch. 210) and CSPN2 (Ch. 212).

"During this election season, DISH Network subscribers have access to a number of unique interactive features, from our six-channel mosaic to DISH Decision 2008, where they can stay engaged with information about the candidates and breaking election news," said Michael Kelly, executive vice president for DISH Network. "DISH Network continues to enhance its interactive services to provide added value features for subscribers while delivering targeted viewer measurement opportunities for our clients."

In advance of the election, DISH Network has offered access to DISH Decision 2008 since May, which provides news and information about the Presidential candidates, as well as state-by-state news, information and polling about Congressional and Gubernatorial candidates. DISH Network subscribers can enter the interactive application by accessing Ch. 100 or pressing the "DISH" button on their remote control and select "DISH Decision 2008."

The featured DISH Decision 2008 interactive services are: "For President," which lists information about the Presidential candidates and their stances on important national issues; "My Elections," which offers localized information about House, Senate and Gubernatorial campaigns in states where there are races; "The Issues," which lists up to 20 national issues and allows subscribers to learn more about each side of the topic; "News," which displays up-to-the-minute national stories from MSNBC; "You Decide 2008," which allows subscribers to answer questions about hot-topic campaign issues and matches the subscribers answers with the candidates who most align with their answers; and "Polls," which delivers stories about recent polls state-by-state, reported by Rasmussen Reports, as well as the latest Presidential, House and Senate races.

DISH Network offers the most comprehensive iTV service in the U.S., with more than 13 million iTV households and an interactive menu that includes a variety of virtual and enhanced channels.

For more information about DISH Network, visit DISH Network -- Home or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

I just wish that they do like DirecTV and keep a full-time 6-channel news offering and a full-time 6-channel sports offering.

I wish they'd pull the HD version of the channel to Channel 100, since I have the SD versions locked out and therefore they don't show up there (my wife refuses to use favorate lists and it drives me crazy to see all those SD versions...and even worse watching them because she doesn't know they exist!).

"You Decide" feature is woefully out of date with current glassbooth.org's quiz. Dish again going the quick cheap route to claim some publicity. But they got me to look. Otherwise I avoid the DishHome button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts