Dish to profit from 1280x1080i, newb's opinion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kandiru

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Hi guys,
I have my little theory on the downrezzing scam perpetrated by Dish (BTW a class action lawsuit may be in the works here).

I look no further than to the MPEG4 programming starting in Spring. How will they make us bite the bullet and shell out hundreds for the new receivers? Very easily, by messing up the resolutions now so that we run like hungry puppies to the bxxxh or shall i say Exxxh :) It is a time honored method, a little bit like the KGB interrogation process, where the first guy beats you up then his colleague will come in with cigarettes and food and next thing you are sobbing like a kid telling him everything.
Sadly the marketing dept at E* must be a cruel workplace for some imbecile to come up with this.

And the irony of it is that i just got equipment off E-Bay for Dish HD ($20/mo cant be beat) but now i might just put it up for sale.
Hey gang, keep the pressure up on the weasels, maibe the moron who came up with this scam will after all have to live on welfare for a while.

Prove me wrong please.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)