DISH to Provide SEC Network Nationally for Aug. 14, 2014 Debut

Well, a lot of those are shown at times like 3:00am, 10:00am, etc, so the 24/7 catches them any time of day. :)

Well there's the justification for this year's price increase. :(

I'm surprised Dish agreed to pay for a southern sports network to be shown nationally. Multi-Sport for everyone outside of the southeast makes a lot more sense.

The new page for SEC Network on Dish's site says that it will be available in all the packages 120+ and above, and appears to confirm what we thought that it is going to be available nationally as a channel and not a RSN or in multi-sport pack.

http://www.dish.com/redirects/promotion/sec/?WT.svl=secpromobutton-button

With all due respect to my friends in the south, this is crap.

You don't want to be paying for PAC12 (STILL no 24/7 HD on main feed), I don't want to be paying for this.

Garbage. Booooo!!!!!!!!

Wasn't the Big Ten network available for everyone the first year? Since then like all the other RSN's.

Wasn't the Big Ten network available for everyone the first year? Since then like all the other RSN's.
It might have been on an extended free preview, but I don't think everyone was actually paying for it.

I don't read it the same way you do.

It says "August 14 Available to Dish Customers Coast to Coast."

Then on a lower screen it says "ESPN SEC Network included"

Then you click on details and see all the channels listed and its not listed under anything.

Now, as a practical matter one can read it the way you are suggesting. I think your reading of it is certainly an honest interpretation of what what it says. But we all know the world is full of gotchas and fine print, so I am skeptical.

Or is it "available" for purchase?

I just cannot see this channel being broadcast to everyone across the USA unless Dish received such a sweetheart deal, or Disney really had them over a barrel on the Hopper issues.

Regardless, what's clear is Dish is pulling ahead in sports from Directv. But the focus is different. Directv leads in RSNs, while Dish is focusing on league channels. The only RSNs are really just the legacy RSNs. I think this is a smart strategy. The costs of the RSNs are out of control and not sustainable.

Where else can anyone in the country get the big three NCAA conferences (SEC, Big Ten, Pac 12)?

Dish has definitely pulled ahead for college sports (at least for now). Since the Pac12 was added, we never watch any RSN. Before that, I had to scour all the western RSN's (and ALT HD channels) in the multi-sport pack looking for different pac12 games. Don't miss that at all. I'm not a MLB fan which would be the one reason to watch our local RSN.

The link is as clear as it can be. SEC included. It's included in the packages shown, 120+ 200, 250. It does not say available.
It's not in the list of channels because Dish may not even know what the channels will be yet, they are not available yet.