DISH to release 411 receiver by end of the month?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SummitAdvantageRetailer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
East Coast
I was bombarded by customers so I couldn't watch the Retailer Chat too well but did any other retailer catch that they're releasing the 411 by the end of the month? They didn't announce a new satellite launch for MPEG4, though. And how come no one did a retailer chat recap this time?! It was chock full of info.

Yes they talked about releasing the 411 by the end of the month and a VIP211 by the end of december.

However, I didn't get to see all of it so I didn't see or hear anything about MPEG4 broadcast.

Hope that helps.

I forgot about the retailer chat but I did get to call in to a friend and hear most of it.

They introduced TWO MPEG4 Receivers, the 411 and the 211VIP

The only difference I heard was the 211MVP has an ethernet jack for future use.

The MSRP on the units will be $350. And the first units will be available around the first week of December.

csschrot said:
Yes they talked about releasing the 411 by the end of the month and a VIP211 by the end of december.

However, I didn't get to see all of it so I didn't see or hear anything about MPEG4 broadcast.

Hope that helps.

Ughhhh, how come noone reminded us! hehe. Too many dates to keep track of. I need to start writing these things down in outlook calendar! Any word on when it will be repeated?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I forgot about the retailer chat but I did get to call in to a friend and hear most of it.

They introduced TWO MPEG4 Receivers, the 411 and the 211VIP

The only difference I heard was the 211MVP has an ethernet jack for future use.

The MSRP on the units will be $350. And the first units will be available around the first week of December.

Is it called the 211VIP or 211MVP? You used different names. Either way, what odd names for a receiver. Why can't they just stick with numbers?

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
They didn't announce a new satellite launch for MPEG4, though.

Why would there be?...they don't need new satellites to start MPEG-4.

I know there will be new launches eventually, but it doesn't have anything to do with MPEG-4 (at least not directly.)

They haven't even put anything on their "newest" satellite yet.

What does this mean for existing customers ? I have two 811's that I lease monthly, are they going to swap out our boxes for us ? What will the cost be ? Does anyone know ?

Thanks.

There will be no need to swap an 811 for a 411 until there are HD channels being transmitted in MPEG-4 format which are not being made available in the presently used format. As E* has not even announced their plans for this changeover, it is likely to be some time before a swap is required.

However it is a VERY GOOD step along the path for Dish to release MPEG-4 compatible receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts