Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok this one is kind of strange...

I have a feeling that we will see a lot of changes in the international channels that Dish Network offers in 2009.

The following notice went out to Dish Network retailers last week. (Thank you to everyone who sent this over!)

To help improve and simplify our International programming package lineup, we will no longer offer 36 International programming packages and a-la-carte channels (shown in the tables below) to new customers, effective, tomorrow, Thursday, November 13, 2008. Existing customers who subscribe to one of these packages
or a-la-carte channels will be grandfathered for a six-month period. In the coming months, we plan on communicating with affected customers to present alternatives to their current programming and to encourage them to switch to one or more of these alternatives before their current programming is no longer offered.​

Please see the PDF file below for more information.​

Attachments

• Programming_Notice_-_International_Packages_No_Longer_Available_for_New_Customer.pdf
    486.8 KB · Views: 231
So does this mean that Dish is in the process of eliminating or at least significantly cutting back on their vast international programming lineup? Looks like it to me.

They did seem to carry most "everything" with a very diverse lineup. I'm guessing that it will be reduced to just the profitable international lineups that are sold in the US. I would guess that these remaining international programs would be Spanish Language, Chinese, and probably Indian (Bollywood baby!).

Just got a note from a friend at Dish. They are not getting rid or cutting back on any international channels, it looks like however they will be consolidating some of the international packages to make things less confusing.

I hope to hear more about this soon. :)

Maybe for some of the less popular International content, it would be easier/more profitable to serve these customers with IPTV and/or VOD/SVOD solutions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts