Dish to unveil 4k?

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok

Im one of those people who have both Dish and Direct.
Dish equipment still my favorite all around system.
My favorite is being able to connect my Bose Headphones via blu tooth.

But Im baffled that Dish has yet to showcase 4k..

Direct seems ahead though slightly with 4K
Strange since Dish is the hardware/system leader.

So Im curious when Dish will roll out 4k?
Wonder what they are waiting for.

Im not counting Netflix on dish as 4k....

Patience my friend. :)

As I posted the other day in one of the Hopper threads, the buzz I am hearing is the 4K Joey is ready but can not be released until the new Carbon UI is released. (When that will be I don't know...)

I do believe that in early 2016 you will hear a LOT of noise about 4K from both providers.

Reactions: ohioankev
Patience my friend. :)

As I posted the other day in one of the Hopper threads, the buzz I am hearing is the 4K Joey is ready but can not be released until the new Carbon UI is released. (When that will be I don't know...)

I do believe that in early 2016 you will hear a LOT of noise about 4K from both providers.
most likely at CES when we will hear alot of 4k which is the first weekend of janurary am i right about that scott.

Reactions: ohioankev
Does Dish have enough extra bandwidth available to be adding 4K channels? I mean a few customers are still waiting for RSN's to go HD 24x7, which hasn't happened yet due to bandwidth constraints so how could they add that plus 4K channels?

DIRECTV has hedged their bets with the RDBS band that can be used for a lot more bandwidth to handle whatever 4K linear channels come out, does Dish have the same capability coming?

Does Dish have enough extra bandwidth available to be adding 4K channels? I mean a few customers are still waiting for RSN's to go HD 24x7, which hasn't happened yet due to bandwidth constraints so how could they add that plus 4K channels?

DIRECTV has hedged their bets with the RDBS band that can be used for a lot more bandwidth to handle whatever 4K linear channels come out, does Dish have the same capability coming?
very great question to ask does dish have enough room for 4k channels. alot of people are still waiting for their RSNS to go 24/7 and in hd i have been requesting to dish to add these in hd.

I would say yes. But unfortunately I can't say why. But a clue popped up yesterday with the uplinking of 96 HD channel on 110.

here is a good question what tv channels out there have 4k channels?

There are a handful of 4K channels ready to go. But none of them have announced anything yet... and you probably won't see them announce anything until they are up and available.

I do occasional work for one of the networks and they have been 4K ready since spring. They are just waiting for a providers to carry their signal. But if you ask anyone there about 4K then Mums the word, but you do get a nice wink every now and then. ;)

I would say yes. But unfortunately I can't say why. But a clue popped up yesterday with the uplinking of 96 HD channel on 110.
I saw your comment about testing some new uplink hardware, got to be a real big improvement if they think they can get 16 HD channels on each transponder.

I saw your comment about testing some new uplink hardware, got to be a real big improvement if they think they can get 16 HD channels on each transponder.

I don't think we will see 16 HD on one transponder, but while the space is open they can try some new stuff to see whats possible. They are just tinkering while they have the space. :)

Reactions: TNGTony
here is a good question what tv channels out there have 4k channels?
None. That's the stupidity of wanting something for the sake of wanting something new and different.

I expect that linear UHD content is probably still a couple of years away at least if it shows up at all.

I case you're wondering, I'm open to the idea that linear UHD won't happen or if it does, it will be a short-lived fad. I say this with an understanding that ESPN has a whole lot invested in UHD and how ready they claim they are to move. All of ESPN's soldiers and all of ESPN's men couldn't save 3D that literally brought a new dimension to TV.

I case you're wondering, I'm open to the idea that linear UHD won't happen or if it does, it will be a short-lived fad. I say this with an understanding that ESPN has a whole lot invested in UHD and how ready they claim they are to move. All of ESPN's soldiers and all of ESPN's men couldn't save 3D that literally brought a new dimension to TV.

Could be, but at least there is a benefit to 4K that can be enjoyed without having to wear another pair of glasses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts