Dish too far from house? No HD. Help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpoesq1

Oct 19, 2008
Hey guys - awesome forum. Here's my issue/question:

I have Direct TV at a house in the upsate region of South Carolina, fairly steep terrain. The only spot on the property that has access to the correct sky angle to get the HD signal is about 250 feet (maybe a bit more) from the house where all of the boxes are. At the time of the original installation, the installers (at my request) placed the dish at the top of the hill and installed somke sort of boosters and high-end cabling in order to get the signal dfown to the house.

I receive HBO in HD and ESPN in HD, but that is it. No other HD channels work. The DTV guy tells me it is because the dish is too far from the house and the signal is lost between the dish and the house. At one time, most HD channels were working, but that was months ago.

Does anyone know of any technology that can extend the distance the signal can travel so I can get HD? Is there any hope that one of the satellite companies will launch a sateelite that can be received at a better angle?

The technology poor relatively speaking and if I had access to cable, I'd be all over it (can't believe I just said that).

Thanks!

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)