Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Tops DIRECTV and Cable in Customer Satisfaction in 2012 American Customer Satisfaction Index

DISH Continues Its Winning Streak, Now Beating Comcast, Time Warner and Charter for the Twelfth Consecutive Year

ENGLEWOOD, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 05/15/12 -- The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) has ranked DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) first among the nation's largest satellite and cable providers in the key measures of customer experience, including overall value, customer satisfaction and customer loyalty for 2012.

Released today, this year's survey found DISH beat competing satellite TV provider DIRECTV in overall customer satisfaction, and for the twelfth year running, DISH has surpassed Comcast, Time Warner and Charter in that key criterion. DISH also led the cable and satellite industry in call center satisfaction and, for the second consecutive year, in web site satisfaction.

"Customer satisfaction has been a big focus for DISH," said Bernie Han, chief operating officer at DISH. "We're pleased to see that our efforts to deliver a best-in-class service experience are being recognized by our customers, but we know that we have a lot more room to improve."

The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) is a national economic indicator of customer evaluations of the quality of products and services available to household consumers in the United States. The national index is updated each quarter and month with new measures for different sectors of the economy. The overall ACSI score factors in scores from more than 225 companies in 47 industries and from government agencies over the previous four quarters. The Index was founded at the University of Michigan's Ross School of Business and is produced by ACSI LLC. ACSI can be found on the web at The American Customer Satisfaction Index.

Dirt is great. Dirt is good. No doubt. BUT, only a relative handful of polled participants would have even know about them. So in the broader scheme of things, there seems to have been positive strides in Dish's CS. That's a good thing.

Just read the thread now going about Comcast actually adding commercials if you skip, and Direct TV apparently not allowing you to skip certain commercials. That is an indication of why Dish is ahead at this point in satisfaction.....

It would be interesting to see whether DISH did better or DIRECTV declined.

I'm betting that affordability played a fairly huge part in the scoring as DIRECTV has recently blown past a $90 ARPU that ranks above several of the cable providers for TV service.

I *HATE* the new DISH websites.

It would be interesting to see whether DISH did better or DIRECTV declined.

I'm betting that affordability played a fairly huge part in the scoring as DIRECTV has recently blown past a $90 ARPU that ranks above several of the cable providers for TV service.

I *HATE* the new DISH websites.

It is interesting to know if one declined or one improved. (Or both)
As for the website, I now agree with you. I thought I liked it but not so much now.

As you can see from my sig, I haven't had to call Dish tech support since joining the service in December 2010. When I upped from just WPIX and WWOR to the entire Superstation package, the programming page showed them individually at $2 each, but Dish Answers on Facebook resolved that for me immediately, and when I bought the Sling Adapter last July, a DIRT team member helped me to get the rebate for that. I've been on the phone with tech support as a customer of DirecTV, Time Warner, and Comcast, and would be on hold for anywhere between 15 and 45 minutes. So I can see why Dish is ahead of those companies in customer satisfaction.

I have both Dish & DTV & like both services. I do prefer to watch live TV on Dish though. I have "yesterday's technology" with 2 ViP722k's(both with Logitech Revues & Sling Adapters attached to them) & 1 ViP211k. It took from 2009 till March of this year for me to get Dish,that includes sitting on a ViP722k for a year until I could get the money together to cut down the trees keeping me from getting LOS for Dish(both eastern & western arc). The DIRT team helped me out a lot making sure that my receivers could be activated & calmed my nerves when I found out that one of my ViP722k's didn't have the smart card in the slot for it & that the smart card was built in. I've had a positive outcome with my time with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)