Dish totally screwed up my 622 work order

mountnbykr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Arizona
Dish totally screwed up my 622 work order (Update: issue now resolved)

I'm furious. I should be happy because my 622 arrived today. My install date was 2/25. I decided to call to see if they by chance had a sooner install date. So, I spoke with Rachel in tech support and she said she doubted it but would check. She put me on hold and when she got back said the next available was this Monday the 20th for either 8-12 or 12-5. I said great, I'll go with the earlier one. After a few moments she said she couldn't cancel my original work order and that customer service had to do it. I asked if she could hold that install date she said no, but it shouldn't be any problem.

So, I then spoke to Dennis in customer service. He looked it up and said the next install date was March 25. After discussing the fact that Rachel told me otherwise I said I'll just keep my original install date. However, he said that Rachel cancelled it and that date was no longer available! I was so mad. I spoke with his supervisor Josh and he said there was nothing he could do since all the install dates were full until then. He wouldn't ship me the Dish 1000 so I could install it myself (currently only have Dish 500), and he wouldn't activate the receiver to use (for just SD) until I get the Dish 1000 installed. So, now I have to wait 6 more weeks. I tried calling a local retailer and they can't install the equipment unless you buy it from them b/c Dish won't pay them for it.

I'm not sure if it will help, but I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com. I'm hoping there's some way they can fix their mistake and squeeze another install in before 6 weeks are up!

Last edited:
If you just can't wait then buy a dish 1000 and install it yourself. It comes with detailed instructions on how to set it up for each zipcode, the skew , elevation etc. I did mine months ago and it was quite easy to install it. It helps to get an electronic satellite finder and use it to peak the dish . I got both my dish1000 and lnbs and satellite finder( I think it was 29.99) from dishdepot.com. I get about 95 - 100 strength on 110/119 and 85 strength on 129 sat and I 'm in southeast Texas , 90 miles from Houston.

Now if I could only have the 622 here I would be all set.

Whew... I got lucky today. I had them cancel my 622 install to activate a 411... When he went back to setup the new install my old date/time was still available...

I decided to call again and see what advanced tech support would tell me. I'm very glad I did, because things should be resolved now. If only everyone were so helpful. I spoke with someone by the name of Tom who checked the schedule, verified it was full, but thought that maybe my original install date was still "booked" and hadn't been freed yet. He called the office in AZ that schedules installs, and they said they'd squeeze me in on Monday. :) They were very nice and accommodating, and I should be set! I wish that the supervisor I spoke with originally had half the insight of Tom, who was able to get my issue resolved. My two hours of Dish Network hell are hopefully over now.

They did something similar to me. I called on 2/1 at 8am to get one of the first install slots. They take all my info (including my credit card). I called last week to make sure everything was still on track, and they told me that the first CSR screwed up the work order and never added the 622 to it. SOOO, they had to reset my install date to 3/9. Grrr...

Since I have a 61.5/110/119 setup and live in NJ (I can't see 129), I have everything I need.... just a box swap is needed. They said the box would ship in 7-10 days (from last Weds. we'll see how they do.)

I had something similar, too, only I got the 622 and they forgot to order the Dish 1000 install. Mine got pushed back from 2/25 to 4/1, and I'm about ready to just dump them.

How hard would it be to give CSRs good information? And why are the installs so backed up?

They're backed up because they created artificial demand with this mpeg2/mpeg4 header mess and the new channels.

If they had released the new channels in mpeg2 like they are being transmitted, there would have been a more orderly transition, but right now people are slamming the CSRs setting up installs. It will only get worse when 4/1 gets here and all the 921/942 owners try and collect their $200 "discount"......

suresk said:
I had something similar, too, only I got the 622 and they forgot to order the Dish 1000 install. Mine got pushed back from 2/25 to 4/1, and I'm about ready to just dump them.

How hard would it be to give CSRs good information? And why are the installs so backed up?
If you already have the 622, just get the number of the place that is sceduled to do your install, and ask if there is any open slots before then. I'm sure that they will be able to get you all setup in a week or less if you already have the 622.

RobertsD said:
If you already have the 622, just get the number of the place that is sceduled to do your install, and ask if there is any open slots before then. I'm sure that they will be able to get you all setup in a week or less if you already have the 622.

No one can get the number of the installer, I heard dish wont give that info out

Jason

THey screwed me up too. I called Dish to order a 622. Wanted to replace my (owned) 721 with the 622. the first argument i got into was that the CSR said i had to send my 721 back. I tried to explain to her that I OWNED the receiver and it wasn't theirs. After 5 minutes of arguing/explaining that i wasn't sending anything back, the lady set me up with an install date of 3/15. I told her it would be okay to just send the box, since all i have to do is swap it out. I already have all of the dishes in place (i even mentioned that i had already spoken to a local retailer to confirm this); no install needed. Of course she wouldn't listen. Installer is mandatory. (not very efficient but whatever).
This was late last night. I wake up this morning and what do I see? No channels left on the 721. Apparently she disconnected the 721 right away last night. I got back on the phone, spoke to a CSR, explained my situation, puts me on hold, leaves me on hold for 10 minutes, then just hangs up. I called back again, waited in the queue again, spoke to a different CSR who said they fixed the problem; just wait 15 minutes and ur channels will be back on. Three hours go by, no channels appear.
Obviously I'm frustrated at this point. I called back again, got another CSR who told me that only technical support could help me and not the billing dept. Waited some more on hold for tech support to come on.
This CSR told me that the only way to reactivate my 721 was to cancel the 622 workorder, reactivate the 721, and then redo the 622. Very annoying. I'd say the only stroke of luck i had was that i was able to get the same install date back.
If Dish didn't have such a monopoly of some of these channels, i'd drop it in a heartbeat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)