Dish trying to trademark "TV Everywhere" and everyone else is against it

The Dish registered trademark is specifically "The mark consists of the word "dish", with the letter "i" consisting of a design element to represent a wireless and/or satllite signal." so I don't think there's any violation unless it's use encroaches on that description.

"DiSH" (lower-case i) originally stood for Digital Sky Highway, because unlike the competition, they intended to build a fleet of satellites to deliver every conceivable service.

I got to agree with this.

When Paula Dean makes her food and says that it is her favorite "Dish" is she going to get sued?
Does DIRECTV need to pay DISH for telling the customer they need their "dish" alligned?
Companies can have the same name as long as they're not in similar business markets:

Delta Airlines / Delta Faucets

Or, you don't see Microsoft suing every "window" manufacturer, do you ?

I have Direct and have been trying to find out what the tv everywhere service is from Direct. No one knows!!
Here's hoping this thread stays alive long enough to get me an explanation!

Last edited:
Companies can have the same name as long as they're not in similar business markets:

Delta Airlines / Delta Faucets

Or, you don't see Microsoft suing every "window" manufacturer, do you ?

True, but don't try to have a business called McDonald's Septic Systems. Mickey D's lawyers will be all over you like a cheap suit! :deal:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts