Dish type , size, arc

emdev2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 10, 2005
I live in the Midwest (Chicago). I 'm looking for the newest and best dish network dish to give me strongest signal. Don't care about the size just want the least rain fade possible. Which dish should I use and which arc is the best for my location?

I live in the Midwest (Chicago). I 'm looking for the newest and best dish network dish to give me strongest signal. Don't care about the size just want the least rain fade possible. Which dish should I use and which arc is the best for my location?

Not sure what locals you are on as in WA or EA but as long as the signal is peaked that should be fine, you will still get rain fade no matter what. Now some reflectors and so on are different than others by just a slight bend or how they are treated during transport and so on some are made better than others that get better signal levels but you won't find a tech willing to just swap out dish parts to squeeze out a few more digits in signal if they are over the min thresholds of spec.

There are some companies that make larger dish antennas that work with Dish and they can help minimize rain fade. I don't believe they are sold by Dish at all so you would have to purchase one online, check out winegard. You would also need to hire some one to install it.

I'm looking to stay with a dish network brand dish. I have heard that the 1000.4 with the 110, 119, 129 adapter would be the biggest and give me the best signal? But I have heard that they are going to quit making it because of cost on there part and that the lnb's will be hard to find after. I have also heard that they will stop making the 1000.2 and will use the 1000.4 for both arcs. Is any of this true? My best Los is the 110, 119, 129 sats. I'm just wonder since the other arc has new sats if the signal would be better? Can I get any input from dealers or installers on this?

3 dish 500's individually pointed at 110, 119 & 129 would give you maximum signal without robbing Peter to pay Paul. However you would likely need a 33 or 44 switch depending on receiver configuration.

The 1000+ has a bigger reflector and presumably more gain than the 1000.2 and 1000.4. There are two versions of the 1000+: one that requires an outboard switch and a newer one that has the switch built in.

I'm running the old style 1000+ with a DPP33 since I didn't need 118. I installed it when 129 was having problems and it did make a difference.

Does anyone know what the most current min. and max. signal levels should be for 110, 119, 129, and 61.5 for my area (Chicago). Also what transponders would I use to check those levels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)