Dish upgrade done today!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smitzinok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Oklahoma
Had my dish upgraded from 18" to 24" today! The thing is huge looks twice the size.It took the installer about 30 min and he did a great job. Got a 98 sig strenght first try. About an hour after we had a good ole thunderstorm roll through and my signal never went below 92! OH YEA!( always went to around 60 then to zero with the 18") Not a deluge but enough that I can tell the difference for sure. More storms forecasted for tomorrow. Will update if necessary. Still no OTA been trying to get an antenna upgrade, but the ball got dropped and they said maybe a couple more weeks...............

P.S. Many thanks to Wilt Hildenbrand for all the help. Your service is appreciated more than you know.

smitzinok said:
Had my dish upgraded from 18" to 24" today! The thing is huge looks twice the size.It took the installer about 30 min and he did a great job. Got a 98 sig strenght first try. About an hour after we had a good ole thunderstorm roll through and my signal never went below 92! OH YEA!( always went to around 60 then to zero with the 18") Not a deluge but enough that I can tell the difference for sure. More storms forecasted for tomorrow. Will update if necessary. Still no OTA been trying to get an antenna upgrade, but the ball got dropped and they said maybe a couple more weeks...............

P.S. Many thanks to Wilt Hildenbrand for all the help. Your service is appreciated more than you know.
Just wait until Oct. when we all switch over to the 30"-YIKES!!!

Might I ask how you went about getting the dish upgrade??

I had to practically convince the CSR I talked to on the phone that they can do dish upgrades and that it would help my situation. She said she put that "customer may need dish upgrade" on the work order for when they come out and do the OTA upgrade. Is there something else I need to do?? I am having rain and cloud fade and I'm here on the east coast. My reception needs to improve in order to justify the service. Any suggestions would help!

(there is a new thread with the same question)

Yeah .. inquiring minds wanna know .. I am in West Coast and go through signal fades if it rains or gets too cloudy.

Thanks for the info

All I did was E-mail Wilt and explained the OTA problems I'm having and he put me in touch with a CSR. I E-mailed the details of my lack of OTA to the CSR and put in a P.S. that I was experencing extreme rain fade issues and after about two weeks got a new dish. Nothing on the OTA upgrade yet.