Dish Upgrade Fiasco

JamesThurber

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Spokane, WA
:( Ok, short history here: I waited patiently for Feb 1 to order my shiny brand new 622 from Dish. I was given an install date of Feb 13 which in hindsight was bad date padding by the CSR. That install was then cancelled and my install date was pushed by Dish 4 weeks to 3/14. I complained because I felt I was being punished for a CSR mistake for my original install date. I got my empty box on Feb 10th and my 622 finally arrived on Mar 9th. I installed my 622, updated the software, checked the switch and then spent 2 hours with Advanced Tech support to get it activated and got my install date pushed back to Mar 19th. I am very happy with the receiver. I then got a call today from the installer that they are overbooked and need to push the install date back to... (drum roll) Mar 30th. To add insult to injury the workorder the lady has is incorrect and does not include the DPP44 that I will need with my new D1000. If I was not competent enough to install my own receiver or did not already have what dishes I do have I would be an extremely upset customer having had to wait 5 weeks for the receiver and then another 3 weeks to have it installed. Has anyone else had this bad of luck with this upgrade process or even recently in the past?

Do you absolutely require 4 satellite locations to receive your subscribed E* programming? If not then they aren't including a DPP44.

If you do need a DPP44, then your install may be further delayed.

Unfortunately I do need 4 locations, 110/119 of course, 129 for HD programming, and 148 wing for some local must carries. I am just glad that I didn't have to wait to install my receiver because that would have been a long wait.

Aren't they migrating these 2 channels off of 148 onto 110 when E*10 is in place and your HD locals are added to comply weith the 1 dish?

Just asking ;o)

Scott

Irregardless, Thurber is dealing with the "now", not "then" as to his locals. And truth be told, if a person is eligible for a DPP44 switch, it's in his best interest to score it.

To Thurber, you may have better luck calling around and seeing if a local retailer can get your job in sooner. DNS has a nasty habit of overbooking and sometimes leaving the RSPs and local retailers out in the cold with no installs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)