Dish upgrade question

Operator7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Fort Lewis, WA
I called Voom on 30 Jun and requested a larger dish ( rain fade issues). CSR told me that an installer would be out today to check my system. I got a call yesterday from my installer (Emerald Coast) stating that I had to call Installs inc. to get the dish. What sense does this make to have a middle man, if I have to call the supplier to get the upgrade authorized? Shouldn't installer call or are the trying to hurry up the process to make only one trip?

One last thing, my digital cable dish is still here ( looks like the voom upgrade size), are they interchangable?

That makes no sense whatsoever. VOOM should have scheduled eveything with Installs Inc to get you the 30" dish. As long as the cable is RG6 it is ok.

You would think with all the people wanting a bigger dish they would let the customers get their own dish, you can get a 30" including shipping for $60 and a better quality one for $70 shipped, then the customer could be refunded or money off their package, its got to make sense rather than people having interrupted service after all thats what VoOM are selling an uninterrupted TV service, even with a 30" dish there will still be times that it will cut out during HEAVY storms, but they will be few and far between. But a $60-$70 refund must be cheaper and quicker than involving three companies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)