Dish ViP 222????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
WTF is a Dish ViP 222?

Dear .......
DISH Network is considering an in-home Product Performance Trial of our latest DishHD receiver. The ViP222™ offers the latest in satellite receiver technology and expanded high-definition programming.

Under this program, all you would need to do is watch a lot of DishHD programming and provide us with weekly feedback on your experience via a user-friendly online form. The Product Performance Trial would last 90 days; benefits to you would include:

You would also receive continued use of the ViP222 receiver after the trial period ends, allowing you to get the latest in HD programming.

DISH Network is currently soliciting interest in this trial and contacting potential participants from a select list of DISH Network customers. If you enjoy watching exciting DISH Network high-definition and standard-definition programming and would be interested in participating in this program, please click on the Yes, I Would Like To Participate link below to answer 3 qualifying questions. Interested participants must respond by Tuesday, November 14, 2006.

Sincerely,

DISH Network Product Marketing Team

1 Programming subscription to DishHD Bronze package or higher is required. DishHD Bronze is $49.99 per month, before applicable programming credits. For example, with the trial programming credit, participants with DishHD Bronze will pay a $39.99 programming charge per month, for six months. ViP222 trial programming credits also apply to DishHD Silver and Gold packages. Additional programming credits may be available to qualified customers who participate in the ViP222 trial. Details will be provided to qualified customers when contacted by DISH Network to arrange an installation date.
2 Free upgrade requires customer to swap existing HD and SD receivers for the ViP222. The ViP222 is a dual-tuner receiver that supports one HDTV and one SDTV. Customer will not be able to switch back to their previously leased equipment. Customer will be responsible for an additional $1.00 per month equipment lease fee (lease fee for existing HD and SD receivers is $5.00 per month, lease fee for ViP222 receiver is $6.00 per month). If a receiver is not connected to a phone line, a $5.00 monthly fee applies.
3 Offer valid in markets where antenna upgrade is required for product trial.
4 Offer contingent upon the acceptance of the terms and conditions of the offer and the successful completion of DISH Network selection criteria questionnaire. DISH Network may terminate the Product Performance Trial at any time in its sole and absolute discretion.

Last edited:
Heck, might as well go for it. Sounds pretty cool to me. What receiver do you have now?

Heck, might as well go for it. Sounds pretty cool to me. What receiver do you have now?

EDIT - I listed the units I had here - but after thinking about it - decided to remove that info as it might make it too easy to crossreference from the invites.

The other issue is that I have a Toroidal which DP won't work with (unless P. Smith pulls a miracle :D ) and I have a 1.2 meter pointed at 148W - which I doubt they will want to deal with.

So maybe since I had X HD units on the account they selected me....otherwise I have no idea.

All I know is the ViP211 is a mess that locks up all the time on bad feeds from 129W and constantly needs rebooting.

On the other hand, I technically have them subbed in another market, lol, but I could have them install a 1000 there and deal with it - so they would never see my real setup.

If only it would output the Second TV on an ATSC or QAM HDTV Channel in HD - like the 5000s - then life would be grand!

Also interesting is this doesn't say you have to sign a new agreement - as that would be a real deal breaker for me as they have given me nothing so far and I am free as a bird if they pull one more HD Channel to HDLITE, I'm gone anyway.

Last edited:
Thank you for recently completing our qualifying questionnaire. You have been selected to participate in our exclusive ViP222™ Product Performance Trial. As a member of the product trial team you will get many free bonuses and access to exclusive ViP222 technical support.

To take advantage of this exclusive program and become a member of the ViP222 product trial team, you must agree to the following terms and conditions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ViP222 Product Performance Trial Participant Terms and Conditions

Through customer feedback, a product trial helps us verify product quality and ensure our product’s success. You are a critical part of the process. Therefore, we expect the following:

Participation and Expectations
By signing up, you will actively participate in our trial on a regular basis. The purpose is to obtain ViP222 product and programming feedback. You will be required to provide this feedback to DISH Network via a user-friendly online form. Your participation will consist of the following:
respond to product performance and user experience questions (bi-weekly feedback)
participate in product discussion forums (optional)
submit problem reports (as needed)
Lack of participation will require you to forfeit the benefits of the trial. You agree to maintain DISH Network service on the current pay account. Your account will be upgraded to DishHD programming for the trial. DishHD will remain on your account after the trial ends. If you wish to downgrade to a lesser package, a $5.00 downgrade fee applies. If you do not subscribe to DishHD programming, a $6/month HD Enabling fee will also apply.

Responsiveness
It is important that you visit the online website and respond to questions asked by DISH Network. Our trial program lasts 90 days, so we appreciate consistent input from our participants.

Confidentiality & Integrity
Please remember that by clicking I ACCEPT below, you are agreeing to participate in the ViP222 trial and to adhere to strict confidentiality. DISH Network will disclose to participants certain confidential and proprietary information that is to be handled in a sensitive manner. We do ask that our participants adhere to confidentiality and provide honest feedback on their experience with the latest DishHD ViP222 receiver and programming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what’s the next step? If you agree to the terms and conditions of the ViP222 trial, please click the I ACCEPT link below to join the product trial team. Participants must respond by Friday, Decemeber 6, 2006. Trial participants will be contacted by DISH Network within the next two weeks to setup a convenient installation date and time.

We look forward to delivering the latest in HD receiver technology and expanded HD programming to you! Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,

DISH Network Product Marketing Team

Programming subscription to DishHD Bronze package or higher is required. DishHD Bronze is $49.99 per month, before applicable programming credits. For example, with the trial programming credit, participants with DishHD Bronze will pay a $39.99 programming charge per month, for six months. ViP222 trial programming credits also apply to DishHD Silver and Gold packages. Additional programming credits may be available to qualified customers who participate in the ViP222 trial. Details will be provided to qualified customers when contacted by DISH Network to arrange an installation date. Free upgrade requires customer to swap existing HD and SD receivers for the ViP222. The ViP222 is a dual-tuner receiver that supports one HDTV and one SDTV. Customer will not be able to switch back to their previously leased equipment. Customer will be responsible for an additional $1.00 per month equipment lease fee (lease fee for existing HD and SD receivers is $5.00 per month, lease fee for ViP222 receiver is $6.00 per month). If a receiver is not connected to a phone line, a $5.00 monthly fee applies. Offer valid in markets where antenna upgrade is required for product trial. Offer contingent upon the acceptance of the terms and conditions of the offer and the successful completion of DISH Network selection criteria questionnaire. DISH Network may terminate the Product Performance Trial at any time in its sole and absolute discretion.

So you did accept it. Good.
Will wait when they will shut your mouth ;) - usually you can't post anything related to the device.

BTW, in stream still present gamma software for DP422, not 222.

No, i would have to turn in all my current stbs and they can never be subbed again - so I don't feel I want to accept.

Plus the marketing hype "The ViP 222 is our advanced state-of-the-art HD receiver. This top-of-the-line high definition receiver gives you unprecedented picture quality and power over the way you watch TV. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts