dish vip 722 hd reciver

cheito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
usa
i am trying to install this reciver for a friend of mine, i have two dish 500 one on 119/110 and the other at 129 for hd, my question is i have a dp-34 switch but i have three dual separete lnbs but these lnbs are not dish-pro they are legacy will they work in conjunction with the switch thats dish pro and that the lnbs are not cause i was wondering if i do the check switch will it fail cause i have a dp switch and the lnbs are not. thanks

My understanding is no.
I am in your position for my RV.
I need a new single LNB for a dish 300 so I can just hit Sat 110 on the road. My CONUS HD networks are there with a few more channels and that is all i need.
I had a pair of Dish 500 Pro lnbs, but the installer took them back when he set me up with a new dish for HD. Like you, I had the Dish Pro with the legacy adaptors in line so they would work a SD 2700 and 3900 box. Needless to say the installer did not want any of that stuff back. He left me the Dish 500. I just need the Dish Pro lnbs for it and per installer, I can hit 110 and 119 with my RV.
Let me know if you find a cheap source for a Dish Pro 500 (or 500 Pro) lnb's.
He said there is no single head lnb that will work with the HD equipment.

Last edited:
SADOUN shows:
Dish Network DishPro PLUS Twin LNBF (NEW): Use it to look at the 119 and 110 orbital locations. The DPP Twin LNBF can supply the satellite signal requirements for two receivers. A dual tuner receiver only requires a single cable when used with a DP Plus Separator. This single cable solution works with the newer DISH 322, DISH Player 522, DISH Player 922, ViP222, and Vip622 receivers. $68.99

NOTE: Only the above references the Vip line of receivers. So the two listed below may not work with HD. And I was ready to order the $39 one for my old 18" Dish..

Dish Network DishPro (remanufactured) Twin LNBF: Use it to look at the 110 and 119 orbital locations, using a 20” (or "DISH 500”) dish antenna. The DishPro Twin LNBF can directly connect to two tuner inputs (either two "single tuner receivers” like Dish311, or one "two tuner receiver" like DishPVR 625). The DishPro Twin LNBF can connect to a DishPro DP34 switch, if more receivers, or additional orbital locations, are required in the installation. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Circular type. used. $49.95 NEW 68.99[/FONT]

AND>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Dish Network DishPro Dual LNBF: Use it for one orbital location. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Circular type. A DISH Pro Dual LNBF looks at one orbital location. It has two output ports to directly connect to two single-tuner DISH Pro receivers, or one dual-tuner DISH Pro receiver. It can also connect to DISH Pro DP21 or DP34 switches, if needed. $39. DishNetwork DishPro, Plus, Legacy LNB LNBF Dual Single DSS Standard and Universal [/FONT]

EBAY has "new" from $39.95 and free ship. Used also at less or more (some want $20 ship) A few include the yoke. One sells the yoke for $7.99.
I don't have my Dish 500 with me so i don't know if the original Dish 500 yoke will work or not with the Dish Pro Pluss 500 lnb.

dont understand lets say i have two dish 500 one looking at 119,110 and the other looking at 129 the dish looking at 119,110 has two legacy lnbs should i connect one cable coming from the 119 to the first input coming from the dp-34 switch the other coming from the 110 orbit to the second input from the dp-34 and the third line coming in from the 129 orbit to the third input from the dp-34 swich the thing i want to know is that the lnbs are not dish pro technology but the switch is and if i go to the reciver to the check swith menu will it fail because of this.

You can't mix legacy LNBs with DishPro switches. Your cabling would work, but only if you have DishPro duals rather than legacy duals on those dishes.

You can't mix legacy LNBs with DishPro switches. Your cabling would work, but only if you have DishPro duals rather than legacy duals on those dishes.

TheKrell: You got any idea if new yokes are also needed for the Dish Pro Plus 500 dual lnb's?
I never gave any thought to this until I saw people selling them and some including them with the Dish Pro Plus dual lnbs.

SADOUN never responded to me and they are like $30 higher than other sellers of new lnbs. After the support they give to this forum and comments about them, I was surprised to see such a big price difference.

cheito: if you go the ebay route, watch out for those that tell you the lnbs will be new or USED. Look for new only and a power seller. My preference is one with over 1000 sales.

Nope, the old yokes are the only yokes. I swapped out a legacy twin and legacy dual for a DishPro twin and dual, and two SW21's for a DP34 switch. I never had to realign the dishes. :) Until I swapped out my old Y for an I yoke and lost 61.5 for several hours. :(

HI John,

I just saw your post here.

The DishPro Plus Twin assembly will fit fine on the Dish 500 old yoke.

The only difference between the DP and the DP+ is that the DP+ can be used with one cable to a DVR or dual tuner receiver. You will only need to use the separator that comes with the dual tuner receiver.

With the DP you will need two separate cables to the DVR or Dual Tuner receivers.

We get our LNBFs from Dish Network directly as a retailer. Our cost is higher than some eBay sellers who get some these LNBFs from non-DN authorized 3rd party suppliers.

Sadoun:
Thanks for the info.
I don't know why your tech support never responded to my email.
That was a disappointment considering your reputation..
John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts