Dish Vs. Cable

TheGreatOne

Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
My tv has a CABLEcard reader built in, would I be able to use the SMartcard from my Dish 311 receiver on this TV. How do I reprogram a Smartcard so I can unlock all the channels? Is there a TV tuner out there that automatically descrambles all signals?

Welcome, YAUWDNRTR.

[Yet Another User Who Did Not Read The Rules]

HACK TALK IS NOT PERMITTED HERE.

311 = integrated smart card. Can't pull the smart card out of the receiver.

Reprogram the card? Not likely with the new cards that are being issued unless your a pretty intelligent guy.

Need to rememeber that your tv's software was made to read the "cable card" that came with it. Most cable cards are the same so you souldn't have any problems with them. DN receivers were made to read the DN cards, not cable cards. Just like your tv you can't just switch out cards.

If your looking for ways to hack satellite tv and such then this is not the place. Try suching for a group that maybe more intune with what your trying to do. GOOGLE is a nice place.
http://groups-beta.google.com

Good luck with digital cable, so far the cable companies have shown up the sat companies in regards to signal integrity. I don't believe I've ever seen a compromise of a digital cable system yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)