Dish vs Comcast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeffincolo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
I am thinking of taking the promo comcast is now offereing to dish customers to join comcast. I have a 55" HDTV display. My biggest concern is the quality of the non HD programming on cable vs satellite. Has anyone switched from dish to comcast and if so are you happy with the decision?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff-
Im switching from Comcast TO Dish right now. They keep raising prices - removing channels - and then tell the customer they have no room to add anything new.

If your area is already running "digital simulcast" - you will get all of the analog channels in digital format - which makes a huge improvement.

The problem with asking cable questions is that it differs so much in each area. Cable quality here is excellent as well as channel selection. Analog here is very good and better than DTV's because there is no pixels on cable here especially with sports like on MSNBC. My only gripes with cable is price and they don't show every game or show less games than DBS with ESPN Gameplan and what have you. This is probably my last stint with DBS then I'll use cable or broadband or something. The one thing I like about DBS "was" that I'd prefer more up front cost than the more expensive monthly fees. DBS no longer has the big advantages over cable that it once did. I remember leaving cable because they only had one HBO and lacked channels now cable has as much channels if not more and now cable has more HBO channels than DBS does. I'm just not willing to pay a higher premium for the better cable service now when at one time I was willing to pay a premium for the superior DBS product.
Perhaps cable cards will help out with cost in the future.

I just signed up for Dish not to long ago, and before I did so, I took a look at comcast. For what I wanted, Comcast was much more per month then Dish, so I went with Dish.

As Roger said you need to compare quality and pricing in your area for Comcast. My brother in law has Comcast in Sarasota Fl. his picture even on analog cable was quite good when I was there for Xmas, he was paying less rhan my DBS. Locally D* is a better bargin than Comcast. Try finding a neighbor or friend that has Comcast and comparing their prices and reception to what you have.

Kind of makes me wonder why you dont hear more complaints on these msg boards
of pic quality on big screens with the compressed pic. More and more people are
buying big-screen TV's, and the pixelation apparently shows up quite noticably.
Maybe everbody is watching their "endless loops" HD content and dont even
bother with SD anymore.

dr0doom said:
Kind of makes me wonder why you dont hear more complaints on these msg boards
of pic quality on big screens with the compressed pic. More and more people are
buying big-screen TV's, and the pixelation apparently shows up quite noticably.
Maybe everbody is watching their "endless loops" HD content and dont even
bother with SD anymore.
My my big screen TV, the SD does not look as good as on a SD tv, but it is nowhere near unwatchable, and I watch SD channels all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts