Dish Vs Direct Tv

sam1070

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
yakima wa
howdy y'all what do you guys think about directv compared to dish saw that they are going to start bundling with att wireless service which i have so i am thinking about switching they are offering pretty god incentives my main concern is cost and the hardware i don't watch many channels besides rural tv and rfd tv as well as locals and amc and me tv over the air on my hopper

Yep, they're offering a bundle of DirecTV service and wireless for $200 a month for the first year. Imagine what it will look like in the second year.... ;)

Bundles often prove problematic when you want to change one service or the other, and often not subject to special offers/promotions.
IMO, Bundles...Bad!

Direct TV does not carry Rural TV if that is a must have channel. And a little inside info on At&t and RFD TV. At&t did not want to carry it, RFD started a campaign to have them carry it, including (And this is important) challenging the merger.
Well the merger is now in place. Will Direct TV and Uverse keep RFD past the contract?

http://www.multichannel.com/news/networks/rfd-tv-gets-att-u-verse-launch/383619

I have had both multiple times. I prefer Dish hardware to what DirecTV offers. Price is practically the same. I would certainty be sure and check all the fine print on that ATT bundle offer.

Also, we all just have to see what AT&T does with DirecTV. We hope they won't in some way diminish DirecTV's quality and service, but given AT&T's "economical" route of their service to the node UverseTV, they certainly have the means to MESS UP what they just bought. They just put DirecTV under a division with other stuff. I'm not sure it is wise muddle the jewel is just bought with the other AT&T bacteria. There are similar concerns if Charles Ergen ever sells Dish.

I am curious as I haven't used anything beyond a HR22 on DirecTV, what do you feel makes their hardware superior?

Thanks

5 tuners in 1 genie, and the fact it will integrate with all other equipment
no need to swap out for "tunerless units" keep what you have and add to it

had the hopper integrated with a 922/722/622 and not required joey/super joey it would have been a much better system imho

t

5 tuners in 1 genie, and the fact it will integrate with all other equipment
no need to swap out for "tunerless units" keep what you have and add to it
Downside is that you can only get one Genie.

For new subscribers, the Genie/Mini architecture is all you can get for free if you want a Genie.

The HR2x models are getting long in the tooth with an operating system designed to function on 2006 vintage DVRs.

Well, try this..."why throw a good apple into a basket of spoiled ones?"

Well, your statement makes sense. It is a complete sentence with a subject and predicate and doesn't contain three or four mixed metaphors. It is truly a credit to your ability to read between the lines.

Reactions: dare2be
Programming costs are near equivalent, though Dish offers more cheaper "stripped down" packages.

If you want just a single dual tuner DVR (722k), Dish will save you a decent amount each month. Once you get multiple receivers, the price difference narrows up.

Reactions: Tampa8 and pattykay
Programming costs are near equivalent, though Dish offers more cheaper "stripped down" packages.

If you want just a single dual tuner DVR (722k), Dish will save you a decent amount each month. Once you get multiple receivers, the price difference narrows up.
Vip211 with external hardrive..no monthly dvr fee..one time activation fee for the account

Well, your statement makes sense. It is a complete sentence with a subject and predicate and doesn't contain three or four mixed metaphors. It is truly a credit to your ability to read between the lines.
It was my bad typing and sleepiness (Touché!). Please, accept my most insincere apology for having motivated you to lift a finger (typing finger?) and fill your, otherwise, vacant scheduale. And considering how some pedantic forum members seem to have nothing better to do or contribute than to whine about the grammatical merits of a post (a wise use of calories and limited time), I would not want to dissappoint them, lest they be deprived the opportunity to exhibit their pseudo pedagogy and their only reason for existance. Consider it is alms for thee. There are carefully placed spelling, grammitical, punctuation and other errors above. Can you find them? If you can, you have way too much time on your hands.

It was my bad typing and sleepiness (Touché!). Please, accept my most insincere apology for having motivated you to lift a finger (typing finger?) and fill your, otherwise, vacant scheduale. And considering how some pedantic forum members seem to have nothing better to do or contribute than to whine about the grammatical merits of a post (a wise use of calories and limited time), I would not want to dissappoint them, lest they be deprived the opportunity to exhibit their pseudo pedagogy and their only reason for existance. Consider it is alms for thee. There are carefully placed spelling, grammitical, punctuation and other errors above. Can you find them? If you can, you have way too much time on your hands.

Thanks for your concern. I normally don't care about spelling or grammatical errors as long as the general idea is conveyed. However, your statement made absolutely no sense to me and I asked for input from others. I'm sure you understood what you meant to say and I trust that KAB sufficiently represented your viewpoint in his interpretation.

Believe me, I have a full and rich life in addition to reading this website, but I appreciate you taking time to amuse me.

Kindest regards.

Reactions: dare2be and fbara

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)