Dish vs Nfl Network

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I'm guessing no news is not good at all with just 3 weeks to go before the regular season begins ???

Anyone have any info ??? I've been with Dish for over 17 years now and stayed through all the disputes but this may be the one that does it...Luckily I have an ota since my local Abc is off the air too and has been for a little while now

I get disputes and what not and Dish says it will save the customers money...but channels disappear and your bill goes up what is the dispute actually for ???

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Hi, ashutto20! We are working with the NFL to bring their channels back before the start of the season. In fact, the NFL pulled their channels from DISH years ago and we were able to come to a fair long term agreement before the NFL season started. Additionally, we believe in being transparent with our customers, which is why we created MyDISH. We update DISH Promise with the latest information regarding the negotiation as they happen.

Reactions: pattykay and wormil
Do you really think the NFL will play this year? At the first sign of the Covid, either a player, coach, or stadium worker, Goodell will collapse. The NFL is the most gutless, politically correct organization in the country. I give them about a 30% chance of going into the 3rd week.

Do you really think the NFL will play this year? At the first sign of the Covid, either a player, coach, or stadium worker, Goodell will collapse. The NFL is the most gutless, politically correct organization in the country. I give them about a 30% chance of going into the 3rd week.
I didn't realize trying to keep people safe from a virus was "gutless" and "politically correct" but i guess it is now.

I don't know about that...they're still playing baseball

I didn't realize trying to keep people safe from a virus was "gutless" and "politically correct" but i guess it is now.

No, and I think the NFL should do everything within reason to make a safe environment for all involved, if they're going to have a season. My point was and is that once the NFL has committed to playing this season, they should go forth. If it's left to Goodell, they won't, because there will be incidence of the virus pop up and he will crater to criticism. He's worse than politicians who change their stance based on the latest poll. Yes, he's gutless.

Hi, ashutto20! We are working with the NFL to bring their channels back before the start of the season. In fact, the NFL pulled their channels from DISH years ago and we were able to come to a fair long term agreement before the NFL season started. Additionally, we believe in being transparent with our customers, which is why we created MyDISH. We update DISH Promise with the latest information regarding the negotiation as they happen.
w23

Sure what about WPIX, where I used to be able to watch Mets and Yankees. I pay for that station ala carte and they refused to refund me the money! Nice! :-(

That's what I said about Baseball, then Hockey and Basketball. All are still playing

Reactions: rvvaquero
I don't know about that...they're still playing baseball
Yes if you call it baseball! Games postponed, then when the teams come out of quarantine they have to play double headers which are seven innings instead of nine. You call that baseball? The only sports that are competing right now are basketball (which I don't watch) and hockey. I don't know anything about soccer so I can't answer that. Hockey in their bubble have had no cases of the virus at all.

Reactions: AntiMoz
Yes if you call it baseball! Games postponed, then when the teams come out of quarantine they have to play double headers which are seven innings instead of nine. You call that baseball? The only sports that are competing right now are basketball (which I don't watch) and hockey. I don't know anything about soccer so I can't answer that. Hockey in their bubble have had no cases of the virus at all.
I didn't even realize that they hadn't had any cases. Good stuff!

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Add starting the 10th inning with a runner on second. Then the first batter bunts to advance the runner and two batters get their chance to drive the run home. Just plain wrong.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Add starting the 10th inning with a runner on second. Then the first batter bunts to advance the runner and two batters get their chance to drive the run home. Just plain wrong.
Yeah, this. What.The.Heck??? Dropping to 7 innings, OK, I can live with, but these are sandlot rules.

They remind me of when I played Golf and made up rules like, if I dropped one in the lake, I figured I just lost $3.50 on the ball... be damned if I was gonna lose a stroke, too :D

Reactions: eddie willers
I can understand this rule with the shortened and compressed season, can you imagine back-to-back doubleheaders with the first of four games going to 15 innings? The pitching staffs of both teams would be devastated. BUT please NO when we get back to normal.

I think this and the 7-inning rule are both designed to protect pitching staffs during this totally weird season.

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
I can understand this rule with the shortened and compressed season, can you imagine back-to-back doubleheaders with the first of four games going to 15 innings? The pitching staffs of both teams would be devastated. BUT please NO when we get back to normal.

I think this and the 7-inning rule are both designed to protect pitching staffs during this totally weird season.

At least someone around here get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, the Cardinals played 8 games in 5 consecutive days last week....They only have so many pitchers!

Yea, the Cardinals played 8 games in 5 consecutive days last week....They only have so many pitchers!

They've got plenty of pitchers, it's just that some of them don't pitch but one or two outs............and very few of them rarely pitch a whole game. :)

They've got plenty of pitchers, it's just that some of them don't pitch but one or two outs............and very few of them rarely pitch a whole game. :)
You dont watch much baseball then...Teams have starting rotations of 4 to 5....Do the math, they pitched twice as much!......You may want to pay closer attention to the game?

You dont watch much baseball then...Teams have starting rotations of 4 to 5....Do the math, they pitched twice as much!......You may want to pay closer attention to the game?

I understand that, but they have usually about 14 pitchers. My point is they could have ten starters if the pitchers went further. I was being sarcastic about the modern state of pitchers not going far into a game. And, no, I haven't watched any baseball this season. In the rare occasion my team has been on national TV, it's been blacked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)